Home

Anyone have successful online dynasty?

This is a discussion on Anyone have successful online dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Anyone have successful online dynasty?

Does anyone here have a successful online dynasty going? It seems pretty hard this year to do so with any sort of remote realism because of massive game flaws. Huge holes in the CPU AI lead to the need for mega slider changes and house rules. However, since everyone plays a different style and does things differently it seems to crush any hope of a fun multi-team dynasty unless everyone is okay with crushing the CPU every game which tends to lead to boredom.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is in a successful online dynasty where the CPU games are not a joke and how you guys are pulling it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anyone have successful online dynasty?

I am in week 6 of a Big 12/SEC OD. It is going pretty well I think. I actually need someone to take OU, Baylor, or A&M though. I have the sliders on Heisman similar to Auburnfan's online dynasty sliders. The human users already lost about 6-7 games vs the CPU and most of the games are close. I also play on 7 min quarters.

Youtube
Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

We had a pretty good season as 4 low end big 12 teams. (Ok St, Kansans, A&M & Colorado)

The north was won by Mizzou (cpu) and i beat OU with OK state winning 10-7 to win the south. (Had i loss to OU the big 12 championship would of been 2 cpu teams) I lost to A&M (human) and cpu troy in week 2...

Ofcourse all of this came to a crashing end when the offseason bug of losing players you talked into staying hit us....

So i really dont know if we will continue it.

When you are schools who dont get any good recruits (or very few) it is a real kick in the stomach when you get glitched out of your starting RB, CB and Wr....
Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711

Ofcourse all of this came to a crashing end when the offseason bug of losing players you talked into staying hit us....

So i really dont know if we will continue it.

When you are schools who dont get any good recruits (or very few) it is a real kick in the stomach when you get glitched out of your starting RB, CB and Wr....
I must be living in a cave, could you elaborate on this glitch? Usually, in NCAA seasons, there's only a handful of guys who consider going pro (especially if you're a bad team). Are you saying that you can't talk people into returning in OD, once they think about going pro?

Couldn't you just make it a "house rule" that a guy considering going pro isn't worth wasting the points on? Doesn't really fix the problem I know, but it seems like it should be a pretty closed-ended problem.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I must be living in a cave, could you elaborate on this glitch? Usually, in NCAA seasons, there's only a handful of guys who consider going pro (especially if you're a bad team). Are you saying that you can't talk people into returning in OD, once they think about going pro?

Couldn't you just make it a "house rule" that a guy considering going pro isn't worth wasting the points on? Doesn't really fix the problem I know, but it seems like it should be a pretty closed-ended problem.
yes, that is what we are doing. we are house rules (house rule 346) that if anyone wants to go pro OR transfer out of your school there is nothing you can do about it. From what I hear this can cause a major problem though as DOUBLE DIGIT guys will leave early one way or another which will create a depth chart issue if you play with INJURIES ON like we do....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

We have finished season one of The Night Owl Dynasty and things couldn't be better.
No one crushed the CPU, no one went undefeated, most didn't even get a bowl.
But we play on Heisman with adjusted sliders.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1

here is my thread about it if you care to read.. including the response from ea saying they know about it and will do nothing

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/260428-offseason-error-glitch.html

as you can imagine... im not real happy
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

My first dynasty was awesome, it was a Big East dynasty and there was a 3 way tie for Conference Championship between me (PITT), WVU and Cinci. We were all 6-1 in Conference play and 3-2 in Non-Conference play. I beat WVU, WVU beat Cinci and Cinci beat me. The rankings after week 15 were

PITT #9
WVU #10
Cinci #12

And some how WVU won the Big East? I was pissed, but moved on. Then WVU and I both got the player staying glitch and he quit. But as I just so happened he was the commish.

It was a blast while it lasted. But from now on Im not joining a OD without personally knowing the commish, to much blood sweat and tears went into that dynasty for nothing.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »