Home

house rule on speed?

This is a discussion on house rule on speed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: house rule on speed?

so absolutely no one else is house ruling out speed? Fist, I am starting to think that you and I have totally unreal expectations and possibly should just go ahead and break the game like everyone else.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
LOL, that is first off insane as I have seen the #1 WR be only 5-10 and would never be anything but a slot. It doesn't help anything in long run as there are plenty of crossing routes for the outside WR as well which at 99 speed only like 2 or 3 CBs in the game can stay with him. hell, its actually easier to run a clear out for the outside WR then the inside. you just call a play where the outside guy crosses and have everyone else go the other direction... "CLEAROUT". at least a fast guy in the middle only has half a field to work with and the D gets to use the sidelines.

In real life defenses play special speed guys differently like Florida game planned for Teddy Ginn but the CPU doesn't even recognize play calling or learn from .0001 seconds earlier so its night and day difference. I am thinking a top end speed of 94 is probably a must on offense. I believe A- top speed is 94 so we could just say A- speed or something like that.
The thing that is insane, is that the AI is going to put its best defenders on the SE and flanker or whatever you want to call the outside receivers. So if you put your best player in the slot, it will be a mismatch because of the programming.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
The problem isn't the new speed curve; it's the disastrous pursuit angles.
Bingo.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
so absolutely no one else is house ruling out speed? Fist, I am starting to think that you and I have totally unreal expectations and possibly should just go ahead and break the game like everyone else.
The speed issue can be fixed to some degree by upping awareness and lowering ability, but then you can't scream foul when a 98 speed guy is tracked down by a 92. Its a delicate balance. Right now, speed is even with my sliders to the best that I can tell.

If you don't want to implement some speed cheat for the AI, then the game will be busted beyond repair because we can sort by speed and recruit speedsters that are 4* and 3*. But it doesn't really matter what their overall rating is because speed is the only thing that counts in this game. So the really only logical thing to do is limit the speed we can recruit, Offense only, Defense is fair game. Or you can destroy the game.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll play my own off-line dynasty to implement my hokie house rules. We can play Online Dynasties like Tecmobowl and just see what ridiculous numbers I can put up. Or make the sliders really tough, have limited house rules and let the chips fall where they may. I'm down for whatever.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The thing that is insane, is that the AI is going to put its best defenders on the SE and flanker or whatever you want to call the outside receivers. So if you put your best player in the slot, it will be a mismatch because of the programming.
are you defining "best" as fastest or by rating. A guy can come in as a 73 OVR with 99 speed in this game.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
MVP

I hear ya here and I hope I not coming off as negative to you at all. This is EXACTLY why I quit '07 and '08 because in order to make the game parts of the game hard I had to manipulate sliders in such a way as to BREAK other parts of the game. There is ZERO balance in this game and unless everyone in an open dynasty plays exactly the same, the game is busted by default for someone. Just stupid! Thanks EA for the online dynasty and broken gameplay... love it!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
are you defining "best" as fastest or by rating. A guy can come in as a 73 OVR with 99 speed in this game.

Unfortunately no, I am going by overall rating. Hopefully the top rated guys will have your best speed as well, but I see your point. Its not perfect, but this goes back to the PS2 days, I would never put a "Calvin Johnson" in the slot, he's always be the Wideout.

Its broke I know, the best you can hope for is that the AI nickelback is a 73 rated clown with 99 speed in that situation. And that they don't run a 4-3 with a LB on the slot.

I got to thinking, in order not to handcuff the team completely. You can recruit up to 8 or 10 5* guys. Not necessarily sign, but only have 8 or 10 on your board at any given time. They can be of any speed. Your defenders can be of any speed. 4* and lower offensive guys you can only recruit A- speed or lower. Because face it, an offensive guy with 99 speed and nothing else would be of 5* value in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
MVP

I don't get it. Why would you recruit 5-star guys of any speed but not 4-star? That makes no sense to me. I actually pass on all the slow 5-star guys and go straight to the fast 4-star guys. In the UM dynasty I just started up I am passing on 2 of the 3 top WRs that have me in their top 10 even though I am chasing 6 of them. Speed, speed, speed, there is nothing else at WR IMO that matters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »