Home

Dynasty Coaching Dilemma

This is a discussion on Dynasty Coaching Dilemma within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Dynasty Coaching Dilemma

I have a feeling I am not the only one that feels this way. But I just finished my first year with Buffalo (11-3) with a Bowl Win. I like the idea of building a program but Buffalo would take FOREVER.

I now have offers from the likes of Boston College, Indiana and Arkansas (as well as a 5 year extension with the Bulls).

What is your take on this situation and others like it in general?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Coaching Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I have a feeling I am not the only one that feels this way. But I just finished my first year with Buffalo (11-3) with a Bowl Win. I like the idea of building a program but Buffalo would take FOREVER.

I now have offers from the likes of Boston College, Indiana and Arkansas (as well as a 5 year extension with the Bulls).

What is your take on this situation and others like it in general?
Stick with Buffalo until they are a premier school, then if you want take a different job. I find it a pretty gratifying when you take a horrid team and turn them into a national power.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatruth22
Stick with Buffalo until they are a premier school, then if you want take a different job. I find it a pretty gratifying when you take a horrid team and turn them into a national power.
Man, I'm with you all the way on this because this is the only way I play.See when you play with a team that is already stacked with talent where's the challenge and your game being truely tested? Like right now I'm running with SMU and my relative has UAB. Lets leave it all on our skills.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Banned

Yeah, I feel the same way. It is just hard not to be tempted to leave like Petrino sometimes. Especially since Buffalo is sooooo f-ing bad. I think I will be staying but I better get some good recruits in my 2nd year or in this first off-season.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Not entirely the same situation but the same dilemma for me as well recently. At the end of year two I was offered the head coaching job at Texas A&M and Nebraska but I elected to stay at Oregon instead. After finishing #2 in the country at the end of year three I got offers from Ohio St and LSU but decided to stay again at Oregon. Ohio St was tempting but I am trying to work my way to either Florida St or Miami so I figured if I took one of those jobs I probably wouldnt ever get a chance at one of the two schools Im really shooting for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
Banned

Just finished my off season recruiting and I ended up cutting 12 of my 24 recruits.

Not a single recruit above 2 stars... I scheduled
@ Louisville
@ Cinci
@ UCONN
and
Syracuse at Buffalo in week 15... I hope i get a blizzard for those Dome Boys.

I am trying to get into the Big East at this point, so we will see what happens. If I manage to get my team up to three stars after this season I may have to accept a new coaching gig.

There is a point where the fun of using a crap team dies for me- if they dont start getting better recruits.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I have been using Oklahoma State (currently in 2012) and I have been offered jobs at USC, LSU, and Ohio State twice but I have been bagging amazing recruits like the #1 and #2 QBs and #1 HB and #2 HB from last season it would just pain me to leave those guys behind lol

I wanna keep playing my dynasty but I have neglected my Campus Legend a lot. Trying to get through that now after stupid calls and bad defenses have already cost me a good season as a Soph. Damn you Campus Legend mode.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

If you get to 3 stars, you should be able to land a lot of 3 star players (and even one or two 4 stars). I like the slow buildup of a team, but those first couple of years are pretty long...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »