Home

Evan Royster #22

This is a discussion on Evan Royster #22 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Evan Royster #22

I play with Florida in my dynasty but the Penn State HB is insane in this game. He's one of the fastest backs in the country. Never heard of him until I accidently discovered him when I decided to play the matchup between Penn St and Illinois. He torched them for over 300 yards in that game and Ive been playing with Penn State ever since. Is he the real deal in real life?Or is this a case of an over rated player in NCAA? Anyone follow this guy???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Evan Royster #22

From what i hear evan royster is the future of penn state's backfield. He accually played Lacrosse in highschool, thats how he got recruited because of his speed. Playing in 12 games, Royster gained 513 yards on 82 carries for a superb 6.3 average
Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

yea in my tOSU dynasty he was tearin up the big ten till he faced my buckeyes though but yea ill have to keep an eye on him this season
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Is it just me or does it seem like Penn State gets amazing HBs in the game year in and year out?

(Slightly off topic)... The HB from Florida Chris Rainey is a GOD in this game as well. Once he hits the corner he is gone.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Royster is the real deal. I go to Penn State and Royster actually lived in my dorm mine and his Freshmen year. Also, I went to high school with Brent Carter, who also lived in my dorm then. So, I got the chance to converse with them both about the situation.

Brent was projected as a better prospect coming out of high school, but Royster quickly took over the reigns during practices and practice games. Last year, Royster was a huge lift to our football team once Austin Scott got kicked off the team. He was by far the best back we had. He also seems better than Tony Hunt from what I have seen so far.

Brent was originally moved to defense as a safety due to the emergence of Royster. However, he has since moved back to running back and has played well. He did a really great job against Michigan State last year, although we lost that game in the end. It is really awesome to see your high school friend perform well on the field.

However, look out for Stephfon Green too. The kid can fly and has actually moved ahead of Carter on the depth chart. So, we now have Royster, Green, and Carter. Which in my opinion is one great three headed monster. Although I don't expect Royster to lose his spot anytime soon.

I hope this gives you some insight into PSU's running back situation, haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

yeah, evan is a beast. i knew his brother in high school and he was the truth too. his brother went to either uva or va tech (i can't remember) but never really did much. evan is gonna be a good one...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I had a HUGE problem with Royster in my online Dynasty with OSU last night. I was trying to cover him out of the backfield with a LB and had no success. He is fast as hell. I then went to nickel and put a DB on him and shut him down the rest of the game.

He's really good though.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

We seem to always have great running backs. It was Curtis Enis and Ki Jana Carter when I was at PSU...then Larry Johnson, Tony Hunt, the names keep going.

It is Linebacker U, but also RB U, IMHO.

I love it.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »