Home

Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system).

This is a discussion on Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system). within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty is BUSTED (ranking system).

Boise State is the new power. They somehow get away with playing only 11 games. They go undefeated, then get dropped when they have to play someone in the BCS Bowl Game. I really hope I don't have to play them if I make it to my first BCS Champ Game. Hopefully, they take WSu or UW out of the Pac and replace then with BSU soon (im in yr 4) so they don't get a cakewalk all the way to the BCS.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

Just for the record BYU does have a legimate chance at going undefeated and getting into the top 10 this season for the couple of people in this thread who don't think that is possible.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If you want to ensure a title birth you should use the custom schedule to your advantage. Schedule all of your ooc games to be Top 10 teams and knock them all off helping you gain prestige and get rid of your competition. What was your ooc schedule this year?
That doesn't guarantee anything, because quality of opponent seems to make no difference. I've scheduled the teams ranked 1-10 before, beaten them all, and ended up with a whopping #14 rank for my efforts. The preseason ranking is a huge factor in this game, because you're only going to move up a slot or two with each win, even if you're knocking off the #1 team every week.

That's not realistic. If some team played the #1 (or even a top 5 team) four or five weeks in a row and beat them, I'm pretty sure of two things: 1) They'd be ranked #1 until somebody beat them; and 2) They'd be in the title game even if the rest of their schedule was complete dog crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 07:11 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i like the sim results compared to old gen. remember how bad they were. North Texas anyone? Utah was the same. i always made sure that the good non bcs teams lost to bcs teams by simming over and over till they get a loss. keeps the rankings balanced and teams like byu from a nc game.
They haven't taken this out, it's all still part of the game. I've seen BYU play for the title in year 1. If they go undefeated that first year and get a good class, then you can pretty much count on them being a powerhouse for the rest of the dynasty.

After a few years, I've seen Houston, TCU, Fresno, UCF, UTEP - basically any mid-major from the big 3 states - blow up into a 6* prestige team by going undefeated every year. There's too many of them to try to play god and manage their simmed games. They never really get to be more than a B+ grade team, but when the rest of their conference is C-/D+ they have no possible losses on the schedule.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Just for the record BYU does have a legimate chance at going undefeated and getting into the top 10 this season for the couple of people in this thread who don't think that is possible.
That's possible. But unless every top team loses two or three games, they won't be playing for a title, which happens all the time in this game. And they're more than likely a one or two year wonder in real life. But in this game they'll sustain that, dominate their conference forever, and end up being 6* prestige.

Last edited by EricM; 08-27-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
You think the Big East is weak, are you kinding me? The Big East has a tradition in losing to other Big East Teams. Look at WVU last year with USF. 2 years ago Louisville losing to Rutgers. You're silly by saying that.

So for the most part its one bad team with no shot at a title knocking off another bad team with no shot. Besides WV(and I knew they would crumble last year) no team in the Big East has a real shot. Lets not kid ourselves. There are only four real conferences. The Big Ten, Acc, Sec, and the Big 12. Sorry Pac 10. No one cares about the Pac. Dont give me any USC talk. That just a safe haven for all good ballers on the west coast to go to. Thats why they stack talent. I can only keep it real.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
So for the most part its one bad team with no shot at a title knocking off another bad team with no shot. Besides WV(and I knew they would crumble last year) no team in the Big East has a real shot. Lets not kid ourselves. There are only four real conferences. The Big Ten, Acc, Sec, and the Big 12. Sorry Pac 10. No one cares about the Pac. Dont give me any USC talk. That just a safe haven for all good ballers on the west coast to go to. Thats why they stack talent. I can only keep it real.
Lol at placing the ACC above the PAC10. The ACC is the worst of all the BCS conference.

But if you really want to argue your point you should take that nonsense to the College football forum. You should have fun there.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #40
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
You really think the ACC is better than the Big East? ACC has 4 more team.
WVU beats VT
PITT beats FSU
USF beats Miami
Cinnci beats GT
Rutgers beats BC
Louisville beats NC
UCONN beat Duke
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »