Home

Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
At my local Gamestop they have had 17 NCAA returned 3 Madden. Gameplay was the main reason for returns in both cases.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
This is the first year in quite a while I have decided not to purchase either game. After reading this article along with other threads and comments throughout the boards, I'm confident in my decision.

I must admit I really want to play a good game of football, but after reading all the glitches, freezes, etc I don't want to feel as though I'm wasting my time.

Perhaps when the patches are complete for both games I'll look into purchasing one or both. But for now I'll continue to be on the outside looking in.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Next year is Madden's fifth and NCAA's forth on current generation hardware. I think people are rightly getting a little tweaked that EA still has not been able to flesh out the feature set in each game to meet the prior generation's feature set. Not having all of the stadiums in NCAA and no Owener mode in Madden are my two biggest compliants in the arena of features, but little things like play conduct in NCAA to bigger issues like a lack of ESPN integration (or some kind of more dynamic reply, commentary, and statistical breakdown graphical overlays with more frequency) during games and overall lack of atmosphere are nagging problems too.

Another huge issue is that games development have been too focused on the 5 minute quarter crowd. That's the only reason I can think of that defense is under appreciated and the CPU QBs run to the line and snap the ball while the play clock has only run for a few seconds. This makes playing a game of official 15 minute quarters with realistic stats almost impossible. Tiburon should concentrate more on the pace of the game in the real world and let the 5 minute quarter audience hit the A button to hurry to the line. The 40 second play clock in NCAA and the additional time at the line the CPU QB will have to make adjustments (letting the player make defensive adjustments) will be welcome changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
mmmmmm i will take ncaa over madden and nfl hc over both
Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 09 vs. NCAA Football 09: Battle Royal

after the 2nd patch, NCAA by far is better, IMO. Madden couldnt keep my interest for more than a few days. Its collecting dust now. Hopefully the 2nd patch and DLC for Madden make it better also.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
mmmmmm i will take ncaa over madden and nfl hc over both
cosign that.

I admit I did really like Madden for the first week. Then, like every year, I slowly go back to NCAA .- not because the gameplay is better, or the visuals are better, but becuse year after year - Madden is dull.

HC though?.......
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

NFL Head Coach 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12
Is this is a joke article? How does NCAA win against Madden in the gameplay department? How does NCAA FB '09 win in anything compared to Madden outside of atmosphere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »