Home

I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!!

This is a discussion on I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
stewaat

OVR:
Re: I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
maybe it doesn't work for you but it does for me. I don't know what else to say outside of that. I use everything that I've mentioned in the above post and I am able to generate pressure on the QB. Could it be better? Yes it could, but getting a pass rush is not impossible.

Again, just my .02 and my advice. Take it for what you will.
There is very little realistic play when it comes to pass rush IMO. I'm not saying you can't get sacks, I'm just saying I have given up trying to get anything "realistic".

I feel as though pressure is "canned" this year. The CPU QB will hold onto the ball when screens aren't open and they occasionally hold onto the ball when people are covered well.

If I load one side of the LOS with more rushers than blockers the CPU QB 99% of the time finds a way to get rid of the ball without the pass rush affecting him at all.

This is why I quit caring about pass rush. It's just not good this year.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

This all depends on your difficulty level. On the lower levels this shouldn't be a problem. On Heisman, the cpu can pass block like crazy and it does get a bit frustrating. Sliders help but the OL/DL interaction does need some improving as well as my pass rush skills. I'll try some of those tips about not using speed burst or a shoulder button until I've engaged someone. I don't normally use a DL although I probably rush the QB between 5-8 times a game in passing situations. My cpu teammates seem to be as bad as me.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

For example...

Today I was Colorado @ Nebraska.

I had 7 sacks. This was on Heisman with break block at 0.
-6 came from screen passes.
-1 was a coverage sack

I didn't get any pressure during the game that affected a pass or anything. The CPU QB was 16-18 at the half with 3 TDs.

However in the 2nd half he went 7-20 with an INT.

I just wish that if you have a defender in the face of a QB their throw would be affected. Also the suction blocking is stupid. I had a SS on a blitz have a clear lane to the QB but an OL came from nowhere and went into a chop block animation and took out my SS.

Also I hit the QB, he fumbled, and it was ruled incomplete.

Please fix this EA!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

I have no problem getting pressure on the CPU QB the problem is that the CPU normally throws the ball when there is pressure even if nobody is open usually resulting in a pick six for the me.

Also I don't know if anybody else notices this but sometimes when I blitz on a play the CPU QB will throw the ball instantly after the snap resulting in a int for me most of the time.

So basically I can pressure the qb the problem is they will normally throw into coverage before I can get there. I am really getting sick of mind boggling CPU bad throws that result in a pick six for me.

I have noticed that rushing 4 generates little pressure no matter how good your defensive line is this year, hopefully that is improved for next year.

Also another issue I see is sometimes defenders will pull up short when they have a chance to sack the qb and try to block the pass. Very annoying, espcially when their standing right next to the qb.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-09-2008, 05:35 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 19

I do agree more comes off screens, but I still do get coverage sacks. But I will say one thing...Blitzing is suicide.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

I should've saved some highlights from my last couple games. I blitzed like crazy and got 5 sacks (All-American). Only 1 of them was a screen play sack. The rest I forced pressure and got the QB to try to scramble out or just flat out nailed him.

I actually blitzed my SS to the outside and brought him up at the last second and went untouched to the QB.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I should've saved some highlights from my last couple games. I blitzed like crazy and got 5 sacks (All-American). Only 1 of them was a screen play sack. The rest I forced pressure and got the QB to try to scramble out or just flat out nailed him.

I actually blitzed my SS to the outside and brought him up at the last second and went untouched to the QB.
AA is a lil different than heisman...But you can sack the QB 4/10 if you bring the SS for the pash rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Pass rush is broken, I don't care what anybody else says.

Can you get sacks? Yes.

Are they realistic? Not at all.

The CPU does not panic, well 99.9% of the time. Most of the sacks come on screen plays where they hold on the ball too long. Rarely will you have a guy beat an OL and make a sack.

The OL/DL interaction is terrible in this game. I have just given up on trying to get any type of pass rush.

That whole "load this side/blitz/create mismatch" is thrown out of the window because CPU QBs know when you're coming and they fire it to the right WR 99% of the time. It's not like the pressure will flush them from the pocket...they just throw off their back foot with great accuracy.
i agree with this man, he speaks the truth....

any of you that dont see this are either fanboys or dont know what realistic football is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »