Home

How does everyone "run" their dynasty?

This is a discussion on How does everyone "run" their dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How does everyone "run" their dynasty?

This will be my first time starting a dynasty (in any game) and I had a few questions. While I'm clueless on how to recruit etc. my main question concerns simulating games.

Do people play every game or simulate some/all? If you simulate some/all, which do you choose to simulate/play and why?

Also, I already know I will have to resist the urge to keep the game results if I lose. Does everyone keep a loss or choose to replay it?

While I know these are silly questions, I wanted to ask to get the most out of my dynasty. Reading threads about them says they are a lot of fun and I wanted to give it a shot.

Any other help is apprecaited.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: How does everyone "run" their dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phixion
This will be my first time starting a dynasty (in any game) and I had a few questions. While I'm clueless on how to recruit etc. my main question concerns simulating games.

Do people play every game or simulate some/all? If you simulate some/all, which do you choose to simulate/play and why?

Also, I already know I will have to resist the urge to keep the game results if I lose. Does everyone keep a loss or choose to replay it?

While I know these are silly questions, I wanted to ask to get the most out of my dynasty. Reading threads about them says they are a lot of fun and I wanted to give it a shot.

Any other help is apprecaited.

Thanks in advance
I play all of my games but that is mainly because i want all the stats to be mine.

As for the losing, the older i get the more i keep the losses. I dont' recall the last time i actually turned off a game to avoid a loss now but when i was younger i remember doing that now and then.

Recruiting hinges alot on your team prestige and what state your pipeline and school is in. With some teams its literally that easy and for alot of others is much tougher. If you in a tougher situation. Hit your own state and pipelines hard, and players who have high interest in you to start.

Overall, just have fun with it. If you like to win by 100- do that, if you want to make it hard to even win 6 games- do that.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

My first season I sim the FCS East game and that's it. Now that I've found great sliders I'm playing all the games and for my second season I gave myself a tough schedule to make it really fun.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11

I play every game. Watching every down from the beginning of a dynasty til you win the championship just feels very rewarding to me, or makes it feel more so (i guess that makes sense?)

The only time I restart a game is if it freezes, but there isn't much of a choice either....i keep everything as it happens, no do-over's in real life

Just do what you want and have fun, that's what it's all about
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm big on earning all my accomplishments in the dynasty, whether its team accomplishments like winning the conference or the NC, or individual awards like the Heisman.

Sometimes i sim really bad competition on my schedule unless i feel like padding stats.

But remember its YOUR dynasty to do as you wish. If you want Utah State to be undefeated every year so you reset your games, so be it. Its all about personal choice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I play every game and never turn off to avoid a loss. Just like in real life, anything can happen on any given day........ And it does. I use a slider set for realistic games and I am having a lot of fun in my 3rd season with UCLA. I have blowouts by both me and the CPU has blown me out, and I have had nail biters, just had a triple OT game vs notre dame and they lost cuz their 4th down pass in the back of the endzone to tie the game was ruled incomplete cuz the receiver was out of bounds! Have fun man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »