Home

No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: No updates from OMT, etc. on NCAA 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Superior hardware doesn't make these missing things suddenly appear in game. There is still the human element as an engineer needs to implement these things in the game.
So are you saying that the programmers still don't have a handle on the 360 or was the PS2 and Xbox just easier to program on?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #50
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Keep making the game better! I would like to know if there is any chance of the uniform editor idea that I posted being considered for next year? I think you said that you handle the art part of the game. If I am right, can you give some insite on the stadiums for next year and if you guys are planing on adding some of the teams stadiums that are missing.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

Mr. OMT:

One question, and one question only. Does not involve features:

Will the game be released on PC next year? There was that press release a little while back which announced the "relaunch" of EA Sports games on PC, and I would just really, really like to know if NCAA Football is FINALLY coming back to my beloved PC.

If you could clear that up, either way, I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #52
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So are you saying that the programmers still don't have a handle on the 360 or was the PS2 and Xbox just easier to program on?
I didn't say anything like that. Features on the old consoles don't just "drop in" to the new code base. There is still implementation time.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #53
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Keep making the game better! I would like to know if there is any chance of the uniform editor idea that I posted being considered for next year? I think you said that you handle the art part of the game. If I am right, can you give some insite on the stadiums for next year and if you guys are planing on adding some of the teams stadiums that are missing.
Yes, we add stadiums every year. This year should be no different. But I can't get into specifics or talk about new features yet.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #54
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If any of you want to move to Orlando and work in our QA department, let me know and I'll put in a referal (stay 3 months and I get like $200 company store credit! )
Are there any PT positions in QA? I live in Tampa and would be willing to make the commute if I could make the scheduling work.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If any of you want to move to Orlando and work in our QA department, let me know and I'll put in a referal (stay 3 months and I get like $200 company store credit! )
Out of pure curiosity, what's the pay like for an EA QA tester? I'm a software technician for a major printer manufacturer, and my main responsibilities lie in the realm of working directly with the developers on ironing out all the bugs I can in certain parts of the firmware.

I'm curious to compare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #56
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We don't differentiate between tweaks, bug fixes, additions, updates, and features at this point. As far as our design DB is concerned, everything is a feature... each thing is a line item.

I don't understand your hostility towards me here.
In terms of his feelings, I can understand perfectly, but not at you, but EA moreso. EA is so hellbent on advertising any and every little thing, it has gotten in the way of using good judgement, and possibly in the way of advancement.

"Hey look at me, I take care of my child I fathered!" Great, isnt that what you're supposed to do? Same with this game.....you're building a game, the gameplay engine at is the core & should not be something that should be bragged upon. It should be a given.

New! Revamped engine = Cool.

New! 100 new animations = Cool.

New! Fixed OL/DL interaction & working features that were broke last year = Not so cool.

Last edited by stoncold32; 09-19-2008 at 10:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »