Home

After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

This is a discussion on After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #169
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Alright, that makes sense.

But what about teams that over-recruit at the skill positions? And in instances where a kicker or punter is not recruited, walk-ons are not assigned to the roster?

I think CPU recruiting logic and team management are things you guys you should take a look at (if you aren't already).
This is probably asking too much but recruits at certain schools should matchup with their style of play/offense. When Ga Tech/Wake has all of its original QBs gone from their roster, they should not recruit a drop back passer at QB. Worst case scenarion their QB should be "balanced".
Old 11-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #170
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
This is probably asking too much but recruits at certain schools should matchup with their style of play/offense. When Ga Tech/Wake has all of its original QBs gone from their roster, they should not recruit a drop back passer at QB. Worst case scenarion their QB should be "balanced".
I don't think that is asking too much at all. That to me is just common sense.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #171
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It looks to me like the biggest problem is that during recruiting, there is no concept of left or right. They are just tackles, guards, defensive ends, outside linebackers.

Once the player is on your team, whether they are left or right is revealed. However, the CPU doesn't change player positions. Also, the depth chart logic puts the highest rated at that position as the starter, instead of the highest rated player who isn't starting somewhere else.

I think this could be fixed by addressing just one of these three.
I agree that no CPU position changes are a huge issue. I noticed this in NCAA 08 as well. Kind of a shocking oversight IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #172
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I agree that no CPU position changes are a huge issue. I noticed this in NCAA 08 as well. Kind of a shocking oversight IMO.
Another problem is that the minimums are just too low. Minimum 3 OTs and minimum 3 OGs is friggin ridiculous. There should at least be a minimum of 4 OTs and 4 OGs.

If the minimums were fixed and the position changes were fixed, that would make a huge difference. Under the current implementation, it's possible for a team to have 3 LTs, 3 LGs, 2 Cs, 0 RGs, 0 RTs (only 8 OL.) If these two things were fixed all teams would have at least 1 at each starting position and at least 10 OL.

The data that has been posted in this thread about the total number of OL recruits concerns me too though. I haven't paid as much attention to that but if there are only 44 3-star or better OL in a class, which I think is what is reported, that is a big problem that needs to be addressed as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #173
MVP

OVR: 24

We are in year four and I started looking through some of the top CPU teams and some are bad and some are just fine.

We have 324 Tackles 297 Guards and 216 Centers in the recruiting pool.

105 tackles 92 guards and 62 centers are 3-star and above.

Last edited by Hawaii_Stars; 11-21-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #174
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

For those of you who have passed the five or six year mark in your dynasty can you tell if these issues are making it too easy or is there still good competition?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #175
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Another problem is that the minimums are just too low. Minimum 3 OTs and minimum 3 OGs is friggin ridiculous. There should at least be a minimum of 4 OTs and 4 OGs.

If the minimums were fixed and the position changes were fixed, that would make a huge difference. Under the current implementation, it's possible for a team to have 3 LTs, 3 LGs, 2 Cs, 0 RGs, 0 RTs (only 8 OL.) If these two things were fixed all teams would have at least 1 at each starting position and at least 10 OL.

The data that has been posted in this thread about the total number of OL recruits concerns me too though. I haven't paid as much attention to that but if there are only 44 3-star or better OL in a class, which I think is what is reported, that is a big problem that needs to be addressed as well.

Very well said!!!

Maybe this will finally be corected as far as OL depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »