Home

After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

This is a discussion on After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
These are questions I want answered as well. I guessed and created a bunch of Olinemen last season and will continue it in upcoming seasons of my dynasty, but I'd like a bit more of a guide on how many I need to make and how it affects the rest of the teams.
A couple pages back i mentioned what was roughly the breakdown i saw based on 3 classes- i think it was 185 T and G, 85 C. About 2/3 of them are 2 stars or lower.

Looking at the real life rivals for just tackles. I see roughly 235 at 2 star or higher with pages and pages of one star or unranked guys. With the breakdown of two 5 star, twenty six 4 star, ninety one 3's, and one hundred and two 2 star. So people willing to create players need at minimum 30-40 tackles made and i would say all should be 3, 4, and 5 stars (mainly 3's).

The same for guards, and half as many for centers.

If anyone has Adams ear- would be good to get these raised for next year.

I haven't noticed any other positions shorted like the OL either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
So people willing to create players need at minimum 30-40 tackles made and i would say all should be 3, 4, and 5 stars (mainly 3's).

The same for guards, and half as many for centers.
Can you even create that many prospects each year or is there a maximum number? Honetly I'd worry about causing some kind of overload that would lead to freezing if anyone did that. I remember many years on last gen Madden would freeze when you started a franchise with more than 25 or so created players on the roster. The same kind of thing could happen here.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I am just amazed that some people playing dynasties either haven't noticed this or don't care. To me it is a game breaker.
About not noticing, a lot of people just play their games, recruit, look a the polls and stats without ever looking at other teams' depth charts. I usually don't and if it weren't for this thread I might never have have known about this issue, especially given the over effectiveness of O-lines this year.

As far as caring, I'm undecided about this at the moment. On the one hand I find it pretty bad but on the other hand knowing I never would have noticed in the first place I'll probably just do my thing and though it out unless the CPU teams become abysmal and I just can't lose anymore. What I've read in this thread suggests that juggernauts tend to disappear in favor of more parity. I can live with that.

I also wonder how many people have actually noticed a gameplay difference (in term of the CPU sucking as the thread title states) or they just assumed the challenge would go out the window because the best teams were now rated B+ instead of A. Given that the ratings drop is due to the O-line almost exclusively and given that these positions have hardly ever meant anything in EA football (sadly) I doubt it makes much of a difference.

With all that said I can definitely see how that would be a deal breaker for someone who likes to scout every opponent, looking at depth charts for line mismatches and whatnot. Me, I'll most likely soldier on, maybe create some O-line prospects to somewhat tamper the issue.

Another work around I've thought of is using the other 11 user-control slots to manage top teams recruiting boards and ensure they go after O linemen. Maybe a 3 year rotation between the top 30 or so teams would do the trick. Just create 11 coaches and assign them to 11 good teams, ensure they go after and sign O linemen. Delete these coaches after the season and create another 11 and assign them to different teams and repeat...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #68
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Can you even create that many prospects each year or is there a maximum number? Honetly I'd worry about causing some kind of overload that would lead to freezing if anyone did that. I remember many years on last gen Madden would freeze when you started a franchise with more than 25 or so created players on the roster. The same kind of thing could happen here.
This i don't know. I plan to add OL to my online dynasty when we get to that point in the season. I do believe someone in this thread said he had been adding like 30 OL and didn't mention a limit yet.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #69
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
What I've read in this thread suggests that juggernauts tend to disappear in favor of more parity. I can live with that.
Well my first PITT dynasty I got to year 14 and Ohio St.,USC, Oklahoma and Notre Dame were always in the Top 10. Other modern day powerhouses were still in the Top 25 but those 4 dominated year in and year out. Boise St. and Fresno St. also became normal Top 10'ers.

I had to stop playing it because my team was 99 OVR every year and I didnt want to switch teams that many years into the dynasty, I like to start dynasty's from 2009.

The problems I noticed were to many QB's, HB's and WR's and not enought OL and DL. My games were still fun and gameplay was the same as Week 1 in 09. But one game against UCONN in year 10 (i think) I seen the CPU sub a 4th String HB for a RG and that should never happen but it did.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Well my first PITT dynasty I got to year 14 and Ohio St.,USC, Oklahoma and Notre Dame were always in the Top 10. Other modern day powerhouses were still in the Top 25 but those 4 dominated year in and year out. Boise St. and Fresno St. also became normal Top 10'ers.

I had to stop playing it because my team was 99 OVR every year and I didnt want to switch teams that many years into the dynasty, I like to start dynasty's from 2009.

The problems I noticed were to many QB's, HB's and WR's and not enought OL and DL. My games were still fun and gameplay was the same as Week 1 in 09. But one game against UCONN in year 10 (i think) I seen the CPU sub a 4th String HB for a RG and that should never happen but it did.
I agree that HBs, WRs etc. should never play on the line but unless you actually see it make a difference in gameplay then I can live with it. That was my point. The question for me is not whether this is an issue or is acceptable or not. Clearly it's somehting that should not happen. All I'm concerned about at this point is whether dynasty can be enjoyed without the on the field portion being negatively affected by this issue.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #71
All Star

Quote:
I agree that HBs, WRs etc. should never play on the line but unless you actually see it make a difference in gameplay then I can live with it. That was my point. The question for me is not whether this is an issue or is acceptable or not. Clearly it's somehting that should not happen. All I'm concerned about at this point is whether dynasty can be enjoyed without the on the field portion being negatively affected by this issue.

I think if you could be tough on yourself in recruiting and talking players out of leaving, you could stomach the CPU limitations enough. However, its hard for people to be that tough on themshelves to either have lower talent and/or make the game hard enough to lose games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think if you could be tough on yourself in recruiting and talking players out of leaving, you could stomach the CPU limitations enough. However, its hard for people to be that tough on themshelves to either have lower talent and/or make the game hard enough to lose games.
Honestly, I've never even played a dynasty long enough to see the impact of recruiting trends too much in any version of NCAA. I would always restart sometime in year 2 or 3. With 09, I finished a full season with Miami before the patch before I stopped playing again a couple of weeks back. I think I've finally found good sliders (FistOfRage) that will make it challenging for me over the long haul.

As far as being tough on myself in terms of recruiting, I've always only gone after players who were interested in my school so that in and of itself can more or less be a major limitation depending on the school I'm using.

I'm looking to commit to a long term dynasty in this game and other sports games as well. I used to get everything every year and hardly ever get deep in any dynasty/franchise mode. And now it seems I spend more time trying to finding good sliders and waiting for patches than actually enjoying the games so sticking with certain games for a couple of years might be a good thing. And with the all the sports games I play, odds are that NCAA 2010 will come out before I get to a point where the CPU mismanagement becomes too much of an issue for me to keep playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »