Home

I have turned the Home Field Advatantage off.....permanently

This is a discussion on I have turned the Home Field Advatantage off.....permanently within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I have turned the Home Field Advatantage off.....permanently

I haven't noticed it either. Most of my bigger games have been at home with the exception of Bama. At 6-4 I lost at UF, Bama, and home twice.

The UF game may have had a HFA going on. I was up all game long and they go up 7 with 3 minutes to go on a KO return. I get back down to the redzone quickly and I throw a pick to a WR that goes back for a score. The DB jumped the hell out of the pass to take it back. Then I get the ball back, another pick to set up a FG and the next play I score on a lucky bomb but too little too late. Dude's a good player but I go from ball control and lead/tie all but three minutes of the game to losing by 11 and it got out of hand. That win in the swamp would have been huge. Maybe it's just the fact that their players were so much faster and better overall.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Why were you running a toss sweep when you had the game won. Never run it on the edge when the game has been decidied because if you do fumble its a sure score.
Exactly what I was thinking a toss to the outside or an option call is al most as bad as calling a pass play in this situation.

A simple handoff in theory has the least chance of a fumble. Run that ball up the middle or better yet. Kneel down.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never played with this option on and turn it off once I start the dynasty. More over, I turn off any of these EA gimmicks, such as ICE THE KICKER, as the game already has that built into the game. So, even without ICE THE KICKER on, you can still call timeouts and have a kicker botch a kick when the game is on the line.
I am not one of those types of dudes that tries to go 1,327-0. I take my losses and really play for the real life feel and fun of it. If you haven't noticed on this game, without the HFA on, and with the patch 2 installed, games play really well. Well that is, if you are using sliders like MudTigers on AA. Don't rip me for saying that, but they are the best sliders I have found. They let you play like your ratings and beat the teams your supposed to beat, lose to the teams your supposed to lose to, and games that are true gridlocked matches are always left up to what happens in the game. Just to show you a little about it:

Week 8 of my 12 team dynasty:

#4 Kansas (me,6-0) at #10 Oklahoma (5-1)
Kansa is ranked somewhere in the high 70's as a team, with the Sooners being a high 90's team. Even though the rankings are opposite, Oklahoma came out from the get go and throughly dominated the Jayhawks. Not only speed played an option, but they overpowered the Kansas defense. Final score was 51-24. The game got out of hand towards the end of the second quarter, even though I took a cool 21-0 lead, midway through the second. They basically outscored me 51-3 in the last 22 minutes of the game. And it was bad. Little crossing routes that the receiver were open on, would have the Sooner linebackers speed burst and jump the route. 4 total picks like this, with 3 going back for TDs.
Just so that you know, I throw a ton with Kansas and hardly run, unless the defense gives it to me. These picks were usually right after penaltys on kickoffs that pushed me inside my own 15.

#18 Miami at Duke
Miami is undefeated in the dynasty and have played like the 'canes of years past. They have been winning the close ones and beating foes like the Blue Devils handily. Case in point, this ended up being a 54-3 game. Offense was very efficient amassing over 550 yards while maintaining a true split in time of possession with Duke. Duke would usually drive but stall out around the 40 -30 yard mark.

#13 Ole Miss(me) at Alabama
Here is one of those toss up games I was talking about. I will discuss how they can go for you, but in this one, I was defeated. The game was a low scoring affair, with the final being 21-17. Ole Miss went up 14-0 and Alabama never lead the game until the 2 minute mark in the 4th when Julio Jones took a 9 route over the much smaller cornerback on him. But, its not like Ole Miss didnt march back. Drove down the field and on a 1st and goal, from the 2, with 0:07 left, I ran a simple TE leak play, with the receivers on this side flooding the opposite direction. He leaked out late and was wide open. He is pretty slow and got the ball around the 4 yard line. He was about to score when one of 'Bamas defenders went low on him, forcing him up and over. Upon landing, not only did he get hurt for 11 weeks, but he fumbled the ball. It was obvious that the ground caused the fumble, but teh defense did get teh fumble and returned it about 20 yards. Keep in mind that I said there was 0:07 left on the clock, and if the TE would have held on, I could have burned out a time out and had one last effort to get in. Didn't happen, end of game. NO playback, NO challenge available, game. I just took it, but did look back at the instant replay. The kid hit the ground with his arm, ball in hand, first, and even had time for his body to collaspse beneath him before the ball popped out. Obvious bad call, but nothing you can do. But, it goes to show that two evenly matched teams can be locked in a battle, just like real life.

Colorado State (me) at #24 Utah
This is the case in point were two evenly matched up teams is a toss up and the reason why the games are to be played. On paper, CSU had no business winning like they did against Utah. Final score was 49-31. But the game was highly dominated by CSU. Even though they were lower ranked than Utah, had a worse record than Utah, and were also on the road, they were able to pull out a victory. I think the main reason that I was able to do so was that I established the run with Bell and Johnson, the two Impact running backs for CSU. They combined for over 300 yards on the ground, and over 100 yards through the air. They had all 7 TDs between the two of them, with Bell having 3 rushing and Johnson having the same with 1 through the air. This type of game is the reason why I turn off HFA and the likes. It really creates the type of games that make this game so exciting!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »