Home

Fix CPU roster management......7 years later

This is a discussion on Fix CPU roster management......7 years later within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Fix CPU roster management......7 years later

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
I cant remember the exact year in my dynasty but I was checking LSU's roster and they 11 QB's 13 wr's and 0 tight ends. Crazy
24 of 70 spots on two positions. That is just...

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

well the EA logic is to cut the worst guys on the team regardless of position need. So as long as the QBs are better then the 71st best OVR, they will continue to pile up QBs. I wonder what the logic is for how a team determines who to recruit and offer a scholarship to in the first place.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

They obviously need to set some new mins/maxs. 11 QBs should never happen. Set a cap at 5 and the same with WRs...maybe 9 for those. Oh and let us set up more slots for the WR depth chart.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
They obviously need to set some new mins/maxs. 11 QBs should never happen. Set a cap at 5 and the same with WRs...maybe 9 for those. Oh and let us set up more slots for the WR depth chart.
Definitely on the WR slots. I'm not as football savvy as some of you guys(grew up in a hoops area) but how should they be classified? X, Y, Slot??? Just curious. This would help. I'd like to see the 3rd down back on the college game as well.

Max's for positions would work well too.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

As far as position changes, I've seen FS's drop as much as 15 pts OVR when attempted to move to SS. Ridiculous. Some schools require S's to learn and play both.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I hear ya and I agree. However here is why this exists.

1 - would it be hard for them to fix? answer: no
2 - would this fix sell enough MORE copies to justify the small amount of time to do it? answer: NO

Simple fix would be to get rid of the RIGHT/LEFT crap in favor of just the position of GUARD/TACKLE/OLD/DE and run them the same way as they do CBs. No idea why they have it the way they do and don't check this. Simply turn all those positions into a single position and use the current CB position logic and it would be a 100% better. However, even if they can fix this in under 1 hour of time, they won't sell enough to care.....
Unfortunately it would take well over an hour. Probably closer to 50 hours. It isn't just a simple switch in the code. You also have to change the structure of your database, rework the depth chart logic, and change every screen that displays it. Now that I think of it, that sounds closer to 100 hours.

I think it is unfair to say we don't care. I agree this needs improvement in one way or another. Not sure if overhauling how the positions work is the best way to fix it (especially as it will introduce a number of bugs). I think if the auto reorder depth chart logic were to ignore the left and right tags of the players, that might fix it. I'll find out how if that is doable.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #15
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been putting this in my wishlist for a few years. I gave up submitting a wishlist every year altogether. With the direct feedback and responses we get now I think I'll start posting my two cents again.

CPU play calling & CPU roster management are the two dynasty killers for me. I mean they absolutely ruin it. I wish everyone who reads this thread will chime in if they experience the same problems. I'm positive they are there. All you have to do is check a few teams. The CPU roster management is screwed up from recruiting to position changes to gameday starters. Please spend some time to fix this EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Thank you OMT, at least you are listening to our complaints and are seeing if they can be addressed in future games. Really appreciate your work here at operation sports.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »