Home

Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

This is a discussion on Recruiting thoughts "House Rules" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #41
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Cutting existing players is pretty ridiculous though if you think about it. I'm fine if they let you do it, but your integrity should take massive hits.

Agreed. I guess to add on to my last post, they should warn you that you are about to go over your limit and revoke a scholarship that will result in the player going to another school and your integrity taking a hit.

I'm all for not cutting a ton of players but there should be other penalties for cutting existing players. My theory is that there should be unit rankings and seniority among each unit would make the unit ranking much higher due to increased awareness and some kind of experience factor that carries a lot of weight. Cutting upper-classmen or players that have a year or two in the program for a FR would make the unit ranking drop-off somewhat even if it is a talented newcomer. The catch is that schollies are renewable each year when it comes down to it in the real world. There are probably kids each year from nearly each and every program that get told by coaches that they might need to look for somewhere else to play since they don't factor into the coaches plans for the future. I think it would help to have a transfer period after recruiting as well as before recruiting so the cut players can transfer to another school that truly needs help before walk-ons are added. This would help keep quality higher on CPU controlled teams. They could assign someone that is a cut player to a team in need as opposed to walkons in many cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 62

I have been getting better at managing my recruiting lately. I go through my depth chart and account for what I anticipate I will lose between Seniors and Juniors and the occasional RS-Sophomore. Overall though I don't believe in house rules, but the over effectiveness of speed in this year's game is making me rethink that. I have always recruited speed over anything else, but that strategy now leads to unstoppable offenses.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Cutting existing players is pretty ridiculous though if you think about it. I'm fine if they let you do it, but your integrity should take massive hits.
once you have "your guys" I agree. cutting a guy that YOU recruited is criminal. however, cutting default roster guys is fine and basically happens in real life. kids are "forced" out of the program or simply asked not to come back if they don't just up and leave themselves because they don't fit the system. Just see UM this year. the number of kids leaving next year will be just as great if not greater then this year even. would be cool if there was a way to help URGE the kid to TRANSFER out like you can in real life.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I like those rules and agree 100% with the fact that over-recruiting hurts the CPU. If you're at a 5 or 6* school you are more than likely going to cut some 4* players that would studs in lesser conferences.

Now, if these players showed up on another roster I would be cool with that but we all know that isnt the case.

Another rule I like, and it's not 100% based on recruiting but does have some connection to it, is that you have to play the highest rated player at that position. Basically, no putting your 75 overall - 95 spd WR in the starting lineup over someone in their 80s. Let him build up his skills first before he gets major PT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »