Home

Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

This is a discussion on Recruiting thoughts "House Rules" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

I can't think of any college program that would routinely cut scholarship players who are healthy. And that teams should address their needs first....so

I was thinking that the following rules should be used by humans for recruiting.

1. Whatever your needs are, say you need a FB and a Center. A FB and Center must be 1 & 2 on your recruiting board. And you must apply appropriate resources as needed and spend time on them every week. In they event they sign somewhere else, a new FB & C prospect must jump to the top of your board.

2. Also you only have 70 roster spots. So before you recruit, you count up the number of available slots and seniors. Say you currently have 68 players and 10 are seniors. So that would leave you with 12 Scholarships to give. Add 3 to this number.

3. Try to develop a system of how many of of each player you want. 4 QB, 6 RB, 7 WR, 5 T, 5 G, etc. to get you to your 70 players.

4. So now you have 15 total players that can be on your board. You can offer 15, but as soon as 12 sign, you must rescind 3.

5. I am also going to say that if a 4* or better player has you in your top 3 or you could even say #1, you must offer him.

This will help the AI by not having the Human stockpile the best recruits and cut people from their team. The cutting of players you just offered scholarships to or players that were on scholarship is pretty lame. This could make things really tough, but I think it will be fun and require alot more strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

I run a 12 man SEC Dynasty.

You can order your board in any manner you wish. You may offer as many as you wish. However there are limits on who you can recruit. Just don't oversign.

1-All players from the states that have SEC schools in them are open to everyone.

2-Each user gets any state that touches his state as well. Example being LSU and Arkansas automaticall getting TX, Ark getting MI, KY getting the states to the north and east etc. FL doesn't get any outside the SEC unless a pipeline state is set up.

3-Each user gets their pipeline states as well. You can build new pipelines with the following.

4-The only players outside of the above states can only be offereed or recruited unless they are interested prospects which means your school is in their top 10 and their background is green and/or you have the green dot. This has allowed everyone to find plenty of good recruits. Each school, especially UF, UGA, LSU, TN etc have big-time recruits interested from all over the country due to prestige. Everyone seems to have bought in to this, and agreed on the rules before starting the dynasty, and everyone is doing well going into the final two weeks of the season. There will be opportunities to expand your recruiting zones but it will be a slower, more natural process.

This should help keep the other teams more competitive for bowl games. Cutting players not allowed. You have to manage recruiting. You can move players around all you want through position changes. Plus there's the thrill of going head to head more often in recruiting battles. You can obviously sign extra players after you've lost some to the draft and transfer.

Is it true that only the commissioner's team can actually retain transfers and early entrees?

The goal is to get to 70 players and never oversign.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
...Is it true that only the commissioner's team can actually retain transfers and early entrees?
Yes, unfortunately.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

FOR, I loathe house rules and have never used them. I think I might try yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Yeah check them out. Its more strategic IMO. I just can't stand that you can cut scholarship players. I also don't like the just recruiting speed. Well if their overall rating isn't higher, they won't see the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah check them out. Its more strategic IMO. I just can't stand that you can cut scholarship players. I also don't like the just recruiting speed. Well if their overall rating isn't higher, they won't see the field.
while I see what you are doing to make the game more difficult for yourself I don't think it is a good representation of SIM other then the rule of not CUTTING scholarship kids. All walk-on (which EA counts into the 70 number) should be able to be cut. And I don't like the idea of having to take kids that want you since that is far from realism and pretty much removes the fun of recruiting IMO. you have already removed the joy of play calling strategy by using ASK CORSO, why also remove the fun of recruiting with all these rules?

IMO, if you have sliders hard enough to produce REALISTIC WIN/LOSS records, the recruiting is done really well in this game. However, if you are consistently beating teams that are better then you, well then of course the recruiting will be "too easy".
Old 10-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1

Mine or his?? They're both similar.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I really don't have house rules. I have common sense. I only go after kids that are interested in my school and only at positions that I need. I also use a little forsight though. (ex. I'm FSU if I know that Preston Parker and Myron Rolle will probably leave after their JR year. I will add players at their position.) I'm not obsessed with having the number one class so I don't fill my board with 35 names. If I have 18 spots on my roster there will be about 20-22 kids there. It works for me. I understand house rules but wouldn't a little restraint work just as well?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »