Home

why allow players out of position online EA sports?

This is a discussion on why allow players out of position online EA sports? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
why allow players out of position online EA sports?

why are you allowed to put a none qb at qb, rb's at fb,wr at te,ect. seriously why the hell is this allowed?...all it does is encourage straight cheese online...why not have it like madden where you have to play players at the real positions...offline do what you want but come on this needs to be fixed for next year it would eliminate alot of d-bags online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: why allow players out of position online EA sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apallday31
why are you allowed to put a none qb at qb, rb's at fb,wr at te,ect. seriously why the hell is this allowed?...all it does is encourage straight cheese online...why not have it like madden where you have to play players at the real positions...offline do what you want but come on this needs to be fixed for next year it would eliminate alot of d-bags online
They'd still find a way to cheese. The reason they allow players at other positions is because this is a college football game and not the NFL. There's no need to make it like the NFL. You need to either find a group of guys and only play sim-style players through references or learn how to beat the cheesers. Sometimes there's just no way around it. Sometimes it's just kids that don't really know any better. I hate them but they are a big part of EA's profits and they'll never cut making money out.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

It isn't a big deal, really. If you put a WR at QB, you know they aren't passing the ball. If they do they will be really inaccurate. Blitz like hell and Hot Route the DE's to contain.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

well...its not that it is difficult to stop a wr or rb at qb...its just so gay to play against. I dont see why for online games they let people do it
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apallday31
well...its not that it is difficult to stop a wr or rb at qb...its just so gay to play against. I dont see why for online games they let people do it

You do know that many of the formations you can sub a WR or HB into the game by using the package sub feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Its Wiiiiide Open!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

I think its a mixed bag really. I wouldn't mind the WR at QB, or HB at WR- its the WR at TE and HB at FB that i think are cheese because the only real reason to use those is speed .

Bonus speed at TE or FB- the game cannot cover because they gimp our defensive speed and with suction blocking the negatives of doing this are less than they should be.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think its a mixed bag really. I wouldn't mind the WR at QB, or HB at WR- its the WR at TE and HB at FB that i think are cheese because the only real reason to use those is speed .

Bonus speed at TE or FB- the game cannot cover because they gimp our defensive speed and with suction blocking the negatives of doing this are less than they should be.
You can package in WR for TE in certain formations. They aren't going to run the ball from under certain effectively. Just line up and play zone. The only way the speed would hurt is if they were in man and man defense is garbage.

When I play online I can tell who plays man and zone just by their record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »