Home

Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will EA make significant AI upgrades in NCAA 2010?
Yes, I believe EA will significantly improve CPU AI in NCAA 2010. 21 20.59%
No, I don't think EA will fix these AI issues and we'll have the same issues next year. 81 79.41%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010?

Allaboutme, you do realize most of the issues people have complained about in this thread have absolutely nothing to do with what your talking about. Way to completely miss the point buddy. What would expect from somebody with a username allaboutme though.

No matter which way you want to slice it the ai in this game is a joke along with the suction blocking lineplay.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 10-06-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Although I wish they would fix the AI, I answered "NO". EA's focus seems to be graphics, and since there is a huge thread on this board about uniforms options, I really don't see them spending much time on the engine itself. They didn't fixed many of the AI issues in the last-gen games, so I really don't see them doing much now. All I know is this complete over-haul for the next-gen games is a nightmare. Considering EA has been making this title for how long now, you'd think they would have perfected the AI and gameplay by now. Great looking though! We have come a long way since Atari, with the Space Invaders guys and a dot for a football.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think your being pretty hard on these guys. I think they do listen and i do think they care. To me it seems they are really limited by some factors and being talented enough may or may not be one of them.

In my opinion they just need a new gaming engine as alot of the issues you list have been around forever. If 2K can have a pocket, or QB playing more realistic like APF then EA should be able too. I am going to blame the engine and not the workers. I just don't see how the money company wouldn't have at least equal talent. I believe they are doing the best they can with what they have.

Where i think they are limited is EA or whoever isn't having a separate team working independently on this engine (That we know of) because it would take serious money to have a group working on an engine that isn't going to be in the game for awhile. Its not like you can take part of the current staff to do it as they are working on the game. Also, when you sells the number of copies they do- why bother? Last thing on the EA staff- Its rarely desire is why professionals fail- its typically being handcuffed by the limits of cash, talent or management.

Back to your question- I would say the probability is that few of those items are fixed. If they cannot make a real pocket in the last 10 years, i doubt it happens now without a new engine or new talent (and i would bet the talent turnover has been decent over these years). If they cannot remove suction blocking, crappy slider functions, DB/WR, etc and etc issues i doubt they will in 2010.
Completely agree with this...it would be in the best interest, in my opinion and from my view of how EA is doing things, that this happen. Of course they would have to have the funds, which is where Im sure they are short. NCAA is outselling Madden now isn't it? I went to Gamestop the other day and they said NCAA was killing Madden in sales or is that just my area?

If there is a new engine, please don't make it cartoony like Madden...keep it real. I like the engine actually (except for its limitations )
Old 10-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I have high hopes but based on track record I voted no. I am still playing the game so thats a improvement over last year, but I wish EA would invest more into a game that could be the best ever.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
can you imagine just how different this game would be with just more over and under throws and the CPU deep ball alone?
True. I would love to see QB accuracy broken up into short vs. deep passing. That would add a ton to recruiting and making the QBs more unique. I'd also love to see QBs rated for quickness of release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

I voted yes, because I believe the poor A.I. has nowhere to go but up at this point. If we keep adding our ideas, some will be implemented.

Needed improvements:
-over/under throws
-improved OL/DL interaction
-improved man coverage
-ability to adjust corners to play inside or outside
-more batted ball animations, to also reduce INTs
-more dropped passes on both side of the balls
-A.I. playcalling/deep passes/able to adjust to users playcalling and style
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I voted yes, because I believe the poor A.I. has nowhere to go but up at this point. If we keep adding our ideas, some will be implemented.

Needed improvements:
-over/under throws
-improved OL/DL interaction
-improved man coverage
-ability to adjust corners to play inside or outside
-more batted ball animations, to also reduce INTs
-more dropped passes on both side of the balls
-A.I. playcalling/deep passes/able to adjust to users playcalling and style
I voted no because AI has gone down since the PS2 days. Just last night the CPU was up 5 with under 2 to play and instead of punting it deep and forcing me to drive 80+yds they went for a 55yd FG (mind you they missed a 38yd'er earlier). Don't even get me started on how often the CPU goes for it on 4th down now.

At this point my confidence in EA making a good fball game is at an all-time low. There are issues that have been untouched for years, issues that were fine one year (4th down/PR trying to field punts everywhere) that suddenly get broken, and then new ones ones that pop up (take your pick).
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

is this a passive agressive way to get EA to act? could be a smart move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »