Home

Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will EA make significant AI upgrades in NCAA 2010?
Yes, I believe EA will significantly improve CPU AI in NCAA 2010. 21 20.59%
No, I don't think EA will fix these AI issues and we'll have the same issues next year. 81 79.41%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Poll: Will We see drastic changes in AI in NCAA 2010?

I dont think so. Sadly, I finally caved in and traded this game in once the basketball games dropped.

I tried and tried and tried.

I simply do not think that this company understands the sport.

Every year, they focuses on a theme: "CAPTURE THE MOMENTUM!!" "UNLEASH THE STATUE OF LIBERTY PLAY!!!" "WIDE OPEN OFFENSE!!!".

Heaven forbid that we end up with a bunch of 17-14 BCS Bowl Games. Then we will be treated with "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!"

I honestly do not think they put too much thought into getting the fundamental basics of the game of football right.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 10-10-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

I think the game engine itself is fundamentally flawed and needs to be scrapped and redone..but that would take considerable time and resources something EA is not willing to do..Sure they will fix some glaring gameplay issues next year slap a couple of new features such as camera angles...new equipment options..etc..go with a theme based on the bowl games and release it....as I have learned with EA fixing one issue always leads to another issue...lol
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 20

I know one simply fix that really wouldn't include scrapping the whole engine that would improve the line interaction. I don't know who programmed the defensive end ai but it blows, instead of getting upfield and getting to the outside of the defender they run straight inward into the block. This is why you don't see a pocket formed at all. If they were getting upfield you would. In real life you see defensive ends beat o-linemen on the outside shoudler all the time.

Also another thing would you please make the ratings of d-linemen and o-linemen matter. I don't want to see a dominant defensive end get thrown to the ground by a bad or mediocre or even good o-linemen multiple times a game. A domimant defensive end should be exactly that most of the time dominant. Also what the hell is with the cut blocks almost every play.

Simply but this game has so many flaws and ai problems year in and year out that it reflects what we should expect every year, all flash and no substance whatsoever.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #36
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I know one simply fix that really wouldn't include scrapping the whole engine that would improve the line interaction. I don't know who programmed the defensive end ai but it blows, instead of getting upfield and getting to the outside of the defender they run straight inward into the block. This is why you don't see a pocket formed at all. If they were getting upfield you would. In real life you see defensive ends beat o-linemen on the outside shoudler all the time.

Also another thing would you please make the ratings of d-linemen and o-linemen matter. I don't want to see a dominant defensive end get thrown to the ground by a bad or mediocre or even good o-linemen multiple times a game. A domimant defensive end should be exactly that most of the time dominant. Also what the hell is with the cut blocks almost every play.

Simply but this game has so many flaws and ai problems year in and year out that it reflects what we should expect every year, all flash and no substance whatsoever.
I agree emphasis should be made on O-line D-Line interation as well as wr-DB interaction ..you are right DEs should get up the field and pressure from outside in..the interior should be breaking down the pocket up front(that's one thing All Pro did get right)..DB's and wr's should be jostling for position and there should be at least a threat of a pass interference or holding call in the secondary..There are so many things fundamentally wrong in NCAA and Madden it's almot impossible to get to all of them especially when there is pressure and a timeline...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #37
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

Nah, this once great series is headed downhill. This generation of EA college football is going to be a wash. They've mangled this franchise compared to when it was on PS2 and Xbox. The "wide-open casual" gameplay is going in the opposite direction of what the OS type community would want. NCAA used to be head and shoulders above Madden gameplay wise. Now it's the ******** step cousin.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #38
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Nah, this once great series is headed downhill. This generation of EA college football is going to be a wash. They've mangled this franchise compared to when it was on PS2 and Xbox. The "wide-open casual" gameplay is going in the opposite direction of what the OS type community would want. NCAA used to be head and shoulders above Madden gameplay wise. Now it's the ******** step cousin.
Yep, EA, like every other company who may have started out honestly for the love of what they do, is now only out for money. THe excuse seems to be, "We don't have enough time." Well, why the heck not? Why does a smaller 2K sports team have the ability to crank out a fantastic "College Hoops 2K8"? Why did EA have the ability to crank out fantastic NCAA 2003, 2004, on PS2? Is EA smaller now? I doubt it.

At this point I'm so supremely annoyed with every little thing in this game down to the amount of time it takes the controller to respond to what I press. On PS2 if I pressed L1, R1 to see an immediate replay, BAM, it was there before I even released the buttons.....now on next gen, it has to briefly stutter before it loads. It only takes a second or two, but WHY when we have faster systems, faster DVD drives, etc? Why does it take so long to browse through team rosters and stats? Last gen was so much faster. Stuff like this ticks me off when the rest of the game is already ticking me off. You wont notice it unless you pop in a previous version on last-gen and see how much more responsive & faster the controls were.

Oh, and seeing how "NBA 2K" series is in Full 1080p and in DTS sound...as is "NBA '09: THe Inside". Yet, NBA Live trucks along at 720p, and is still in regular Dolby Digital 5.1. WTH is EA doing?

At the end of the day, what is the point of calling this next-gen and acting like your really doing something big, when something you made years ago is still fundamentally better than what your making now?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #39
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

bump-diddly-bumpdy bump.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:10 AM   #40
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
bump-diddly-bumpdy bump.
heh, you're ruthless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »