Home

Winning the Recruiting Wars in NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on Winning the Recruiting Wars in NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Winning the Recruiting Wars in NCAA Football 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by no504
In my season with Rutgers I went from the big east to acc I just recruited a 2star 6'6 reciver with 4.26 speed hasn't dropped a pass yet but only played one game with him so far
whats his catch and what is ur user/cpu wr catching ai set to?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
Rookie

canes8301's Arena

OVR: 4

Do you guys fill your entire recruiting board (35 recruits) or do you focus on a smaller number of recuits.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes8301
Do you guys fill your entire recruiting board (35 recruits) or do you focus on a smaller number of recuits.
20-25 for me...I might put 30 on there, but I only realistically go after 20-25 and remove the ones I don't by week 3. Thats the strategy I find best...although I never quick call either unless their 3* or lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

10-15 I really want. As they fall off my board later in the year I go back and try to find recruits who have no scholarship offers and it doesnt look like they've been recruited.

My Video Game Streams
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes8301
I look at the number of seniors, amount below the 70 limit and add 3.

So if I have 68 people on my roster and 10 seniors. I would recruit 70-68 = 2 + 10 Seniors + 3 so 15 players.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I typically fill it up with 20-25. If you're a powerhouse (6* with lots of elites) you can do whatever you want. fill it all the way up if you like. Same goes for terrible 1* programs, they should just load up on fresh players and hope for a good year so they can progress up the * chart. But for those middle-of-the-road teams trying to make it big, just pursue about 20 or 25 because the time wasted on extra guys you cant give scholarships to will end up hurting your efforts to get the good prospects.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
10-15 I really want. As they fall off my board later in the year I go back and try to find recruits who have no scholarship offers and it doesnt look like they've been recruited.

Exactly what i do. It's suprising how many 4* prospects there are towards the end of season with no offers at all. I've even seen a few 5* without offers. I always try making late pushes for them even if they have no interest lol

Has anyone ever seen a player commit to another program without even being offered a scholarship? I know that's considered walking on but my walkons are normally HORRIBLE.

I was after a 4* kicker who strung me out the ENTIRE year...my team Colorado and his top team San Diego St. were his top 2.....i was the only school to offer,but he still committed to SD St even though they offered no scholly. Wtf?? What was bad was I NEEDED A KICKER BADLY lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
Banned

Knowshon24's Arena

OVR: 6
This may be dirty, but i constantly quick call top recruits and I always save it and make sure i have 2 large interests. This is especially helpful for low teams like Arkansas State and so on. With Arkansas State, I was able to get a 4 star QB and 4 star RB by doing this. It may be dirty, but hey it works!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »