Home

hardest offensive/ defensive teams to play

This is a discussion on hardest offensive/ defensive teams to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: hardest offensive/ defensive teams to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I dont know about Texas Tech or Missouri, I havent played against them yet. But Hawaii, IMO, is one of the easiest teams to play, if you play them at their own game. I used Cincy on AA, in Cincy, and just passed all the time, and killed them 42-7. The hardest defenses I have encountered are USC, OSU and Florida. Florida always seems to pick it up in the 4th quarter, and make it a game with 2 min to play. USC and OSU always seemed to force me to throw the ball, when I use Michigan. I used almost every run play in the playbook, and they stopped it.
every running play stopped? thats gotta suck. but hawaii chewed me up! their qb almost broke the school record for passing yards. they only put of 24 points but they had ALOT of total offense

Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

I've had major issues with Florida St. on both sides of the ball. Same with Texas,though not to the extent of FSU.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

For defense the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 give me some issues because of those safeties playing on the edges.

On offense, I havent played any of the juggernauts in the game, but playing with a 71 overall defense (how does the came get C+ from that?) has given me hell in my second defense.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
For defense the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 give me some issues because of those safeties playing on the edges.

On offense, I havent played any of the juggernauts in the game, but playing with a 71 overall defense (how does the came get C+ from that?) has given me hell in my second defense.

lol. 3-3-5 zones and 4-2-5 PERIOD are the two toughest defenses to get past when set up properly and when called at the right moment. but a 71 defense spells doom if u play a team with a prolific passing attack or a 93+ spd RB. the best thing to do is to contain your DE on running downs and zone them to the flats on 3&2 to 3&5 because people and cpu alike will throw to the flats or try an outside run in that situation. i've beaten guys in my OD playing a 3-3-5 cover 2 zone 75% of the game. i just disguise my coverages. good luck with that. lol

Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

This has got me thinking...

If you chose to play with Western Kentucky, and you set up the hardest schedule you could possibly do...how would it look? Yes, I'm keeping it semi-realistic and having 6 home games and 6 away games...

W1 - UCF - start with a smaller school to start the season, but make no mistake, don't know about you guys, but they always give me some fits and are a really good team in the game.

W2 - @ Florida - after game one, jump right into the heart of Tebowville in an SEC match-up. Try coming out alive...

W3 - @ Florida State - you already down south, why not stay there? The Seminoles are the most overrated team in the game, but that doesn't stop the game from making them one of the hardest to beat.

W4 - Bye - catch your breath, stay in Florida and get some sun and beach for the week, maybe your 1-2 at this point.

W5 - Texas Tech - get a non-top tier team to play at home. The problem is they're going to pass all over you...

W6 - Georgia - they are the number one team according to the game's polls, luckily you get them at home. Doesn't mean its easy...

W7 - @ Boise State - time to go across country and beat the Broncos on the Blue Turf!

W8 - Notre Dame - It isn't a true independant schedule unless your playing the Fighting Irish. Truth is, this is a more winnable game than most.

W9 - Bye - Ok, time to breath again, my guess is I would be 3-4 at best right now.

W10 - Missouri - Another home game against a high powered offense...can your offense keep pace or can your defense stop Chase Daniel and co.?

W11 - Penn State - The Nittany Lions come to your house, but this is the calm before the storm...I debated puting Penn St. on the schedule because their offense tends to be option-like and easy to stop, but since everyone else was posting them, I put them on here.

W12 - @ Oklahoma - Good luck, your 3rd Big 12 team and my bet is Oklahoma is number one in the nation at this point.

W13 - @ USC - I have never had a problem with USC home or away, but I was playing with Washington and had the talented Jake Locker. Maybe Ill get the true view of it while playing with WKU...

W14 - @ Ohio State - No team has put up more challenging games agaisnt me than the Buckeyes and I can't be more happy because they are my real life team! I'm guessing Im 4-8 through this season...maybe 5-7...

W15 - Bye - your going home bowl-less...have fun!

Ok, ok, ok, I just completely talked myself into starting and offline dynasty doing this...honorable mentions in my schedule were Texas, Wisconsin, BYU...Sorry, I think LSU stinks in the game and I can't even think about putting them on there. This would be fun and frustrating at the same time!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
lol. 3-3-5 zones and 4-2-5 PERIOD are the two toughest defenses to get past when set up properly and when called at the right moment. but a 71 defense spells doom if u play a team with a prolific passing attack or a 93+ spd RB. the best thing to do is to contain your DE on running downs and zone them to the flats on 3&2 to 3&5 because people and cpu alike will throw to the flats or try an outside run in that situation. i've beaten guys in my OD playing a 3-3-5 cover 2 zone 75% of the game. i just disguise my coverages. good luck with that. lol
Heck, I got down by an 89 speed HB. Managed to break a few tackles and my 92 speed FS couldn't run him down and wasn't even gaining ground on him. I swear no CPU team scores on runs from the redzone. They're just all big plays that doesn't allow me to keep any momentum.

My Video Game Streams
Old 10-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
This has got me thinking...

If you chose to play with Western Kentucky, and you set up the hardest schedule you could possibly do...how would it look? Yes, I'm keeping it semi-realistic and having 6 home games and 6 away games...

W1 - UCF - start with a smaller school to start the season, but make no mistake, don't know about you guys, but they always give me some fits and are a really good team in the game.

W2 - @ Florida - after game one, jump right into the heart of Tebowville in an SEC match-up. Try coming out alive...

W3 - @ Florida State - you already down south, why not stay there? The Seminoles are the most overrated team in the game, but that doesn't stop the game from making them one of the hardest to beat.

W4 - Bye - catch your breath, stay in Florida and get some sun and beach for the week, maybe your 1-2 at this point.

W5 - Texas Tech - get a non-top tier team to play at home. The problem is they're going to pass all over you...

W6 - Georgia - they are the number one team according to the game's polls, luckily you get them at home. Doesn't mean its easy...

W7 - @ Boise State - time to go across country and beat the Broncos on the Blue Turf!

W8 - Notre Dame - It isn't a true independant schedule unless your playing the Fighting Irish. Truth is, this is a more winnable game than most.

W9 - Bye - Ok, time to breath again, my guess is I would be 3-4 at best right now.

W10 - Missouri - Another home game against a high powered offense...can your offense keep pace or can your defense stop Chase Daniel and co.?

W11 - Penn State - The Nittany Lions come to your house, but this is the calm before the storm...I debated puting Penn St. on the schedule because their offense tends to be option-like and easy to stop, but since everyone else was posting them, I put them on here.

W12 - @ Oklahoma - Good luck, your 3rd Big 12 team and my bet is Oklahoma is number one in the nation at this point.

W13 - @ USC - I have never had a problem with USC home or away, but I was playing with Washington and had the talented Jake Locker. Maybe Ill get the true view of it while playing with WKU...

W14 - @ Ohio State - No team has put up more challenging games agaisnt me than the Buckeyes and I can't be more happy because they are my real life team! I'm guessing Im 4-8 through this season...maybe 5-7...

W15 - Bye - your going home bowl-less...have fun!

Ok, ok, ok, I just completely talked myself into starting and offline dynasty doing this...honorable mentions in my schedule were Texas, Wisconsin, BYU...Sorry, I think LSU stinks in the game and I can't even think about putting them on there. This would be fun and frustrating at the same time!
ur a heck of a gamer for trying this! good luck. hope ur controller doesnt marry ur tv screen. lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Heck, I got down by an 89 speed HB. Managed to break a few tackles and my 92 speed FS couldn't run him down and wasn't even gaining ground on him. I swear no CPU team scores on runs from the redzone. They're just all big plays that doesn't allow me to keep any momentum.

true. most cpu teams meltdown in the redzone. their scores are huge 50+ yard passes 9/10 for me. i was playin in my od on AA with sliders. it was Pitt (me) vs Bowling Green. the cpu launched a bomb that stayed in the air 40+ yards, i switched to my safety and tried to swat it but the cpu wr snatched it out the air and completely burned me db. it was the sweetest cpu play ever!!! i was amazed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »