Home

Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Ok I am back. I played as LSU vs UF @ UF with HFA ON. I had quarter length = 7 min. All sliders at default and all penalty sliders at 0. I will post first half stats and then game stats through THREE quarters because I ran out of time and had to turn it off at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Halftime stats: LSU (me) - UF (CPU)
Score: 28 - 0
First Downs: 13 - 2
Total Offense: 171 - 40
Running: 17-70-2 - 11-2-0
Passing: 18-24-1 - 4-8-0
Passing yards: 101 - 38

End of 3rd quarter stats: LSU (me) - UF (CPU)
Score: 49 - 0
First Downs: 19 - 4
Total Offense: 378 - 81
Running: 19-62-2 - 19-11-0
Passing: 31-37-4 - 8-14-0
Passing yards: 316 - 70

Notes: I started the game out pretty conservative since I played with a playbook that I have no looked at in over 2 months. I was so not use to the 4th WR out there that it took me some time to adjust so I just ran the ball early. The LSU QB is pretty bad and made some AWEFUL passes early that killed drives.

The CPU is simply horrible with default sliders and has ZERO chance to run the ball at all. This concept simply does NOT work and there is nothing you can do to compensate for the crappy AI except make a dozen house rules and simply not run plays that work well. I had ALL the momentum in this one at the end of the 3rd quarter so the score was going to get MUCH worse if I pored it on. No way I need to play these 9 more times to sample test what I already knew.

im still intrigued by this zero penalty setup. so why not just try the sliders you currently use, and still turn all penalties to zero and see how the game play is then?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
im still intrigued by this zero penalty setup. so why not just try the sliders you currently use, and still turn all penalties to zero and see how the game play is then?
In my OD we have several sliders at 5 and I do believe it helps some. I just 100% disagreed with the poster that says you can simply do this and get a good game vs. CPU without house rules, that is silly talk.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontez
u r def right about the sample size. would u help me test them. we can both concentrate on certain areas of the game. ea wouldnt respond to the question. and adam is gonna say "thats not my department" . holla back homie
Why haven't you posted your own "test scores"?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Mizzoutiger******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2038803632", true);
Rookie

Comments: 1
Votes: 0

Re: i CHALLENGE THESE SLIDERES AGAINST ANYONES!

I played several more games last night and I am SURE that stetting the penalty sliders at zero improves the game greatly. The CPU definitely runs better--seldom if ever does it does the "senseless juke". Also the CPU seems to call a more realistic game-and their defense is decidedly better.

This is a GREAT find and a big thanks goes out to Dontez for his discovery!

Good job buddy! You have made the game better for everyone !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »