Home

Challenging the Spot of the Ball

This is a discussion on Challenging the Spot of the Ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Challenging the Spot of the Ball

Has anyone ever had success with this?

Ive challenged the spot of the ball maybe 7 or 8 times on NCAA 2009 and not once was the call ever reversed. Another thing is Ive never seen the CPU challenge the spot either.

I just wanted to check in with everybody to see if it works or if its a waste of time, because for now im done with it.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Challenging the Spot of the Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Has anyone ever had success with this?

Ive challenged the spot of the ball maybe 7 or 8 times on NCAA 2009 and not once was the call ever reversed. Another thing is Ive never seen the CPU challenge the spot either.

I just wanted to check in with everybody to see if it works or if its a waste of time, because for now im done with it.
i could type out 50 stories but i can simply just say no! lol. it sucks too cuz 9/10 a 1st down is never a 1st down. we need the chain gang

Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I've had it work once out of hundreds of tries.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
i could type out 50 stories but i can simply just say no! lol. it sucks too cuz 9/10 a 1st down is never a 1st down. we need the chain gang
I know what you mean about thinking you got robbed of a 3rd Down stop, but I dont even waste my time challenging the call because I already know the outcome.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I know what you mean about thinking you got robbed of a 3rd Down stop, but I dont even waste my time challenging the call because I already know the outcome.
My complaint would be the opposite. I'm trying to convert a 3rd down, I throw a pass on a hook route to my receiver, who proceeds to catch the ball 1 yard past the 1st down line, but then he goes into that goofy-*ss animation where he tries to shake off the tackler while RUNNING THE WRONG WAY. It never works when he's going forward -- I always go down. But lo-and-behold I don't even try to break lose this time and he shakes the guy off two yards behind the 1st-down line only to get met immediately by a "hard-hitting" cornerback. If that doesn't cause my receiver to fumble (which half the time it does) I'm then spotted the ball two yards short because of how the game doesn't properly recognize forward progress and challenging the spot never works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had the same problem as you NFF. Except I always catch the ball a couple of yards past the first down marker, only to be pulled back by the defender where I fall down right on the first down yard marker. Usually, in this case, the game gives me a first down but the CPU will immediately challenge and it is always overturned.

In fact, I don't ever recall a time where the CPU has lost a challenge.

I don't even waste my time challenging because there is never a chance I will win.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4

i've won a challenge before, on a fumble that wasnt won. Thats the only time u should, really

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »