Home

My OD Season 4 update

This is a discussion on My OD Season 4 update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
My OD Season 4 update

Well my team is starting to look like a power house. I opened up with WVU at WV (they were ranked 13) and I totally had my way with them and my all world (preseason #1 heisman leader) QB Todd Parker got off to a GREAT start and completely destroyed the inferior team of WV.

Then I bring in Florida for game #2. They are ranked 6th in the country and rated 99 OVR so I am thinking, wow, this might be a real test. Well I jump all over them in the first half with Boubacar picking off 3 balls and Wall picking off another! I start thinking that my team might have reached the level where no CPU game will be challenging again and then the second half rolled around and WOW, I didn't stop them once from scoring a TD. Luckily I had a big enough lead in the first half and was able to score twice more myself (despite Todd Parker throwing FIVE picks of which 3 of them were NOT my fault) and hold onto a victory.

The lesson learned here, my team is STILL very much beatable if my D doesn't create turnovers and my QB throws picks! However, my team is right where I hoped they would be in terms of talent and experience and I really should be hard to beat over 4 quarters. No way I lose a home game with this squad.

Other notes: After 2 full games I have decided to start my FASTER MLB rated 88 OVR with 85 speed versus my slower MLB rated 95 OVR with 79 speed simply because the faster kid makes more plays. My SO(RS) 95 rated MLB will serve as the greatest backup MLB in college history I guess and he will get to play in some 3-4 packages as well as jump in when Smith gets tired. Chase is performing well for me at FS (my JR FS with 88 speed but great attributes across the board besides that) while I red shirt my SO Muse who is MUCH faster but can't tackle a little girl consistently. In my 3-3-5 man attack system D its imperitive that the FS be able to make tackles on running backs.

First week of recruiting I went 0-2 getting kids who have me as their #1 to commit early. My class has a TON of potential but will be a long hard fight because I don't have a good game to bring kids into until Minnessota in week 11! That stinks because that means I won't be able to get commits until then in all likelihood and will probably lose a kid or 2 before then.

My buddy who is using ND is 2-1 with a loss to FSU at FSU. His offense seems to be running better this year, he is running an option based offense out of the spread with his faster QB (think WVU under RR, but his defense can't stop anyone and will make it hard for him to get that magical 7 wins and assure a bowl game. Remember, we stack our schedules every year.

Ok, there is my update for anyone who cares.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: My OD Season 4 update

Nice i read your update on the other thread and was wondering how long before you switched MLB's. The faster defender is a definite need on this years game. Hoping to get my OD restarted this evening. Just moved and been getting new services.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
Nice i read your update on the other thread and was wondering how long before you switched MLB's. The faster defender is a definite need on this years game. Hoping to get my OD restarted this evening. Just moved and been getting new services.
I hear ya there. But I run a scheme that really doesn't demand that a MLB be that fast really. He is there to pretty much tackle the run game up the middle, anything else he does is bonus. But since I attack the perimeter so much, I pretty much beg to be run on up the middle and the MLB has to take on blockers on every play. This is why the FS has to make so many tackles for me and easily leads my team in tackles by a TON.

I gave each of them a start and right now I am leaning on playing Smith. Don't get me wrong when I say he is the lessor player. Both were #1 MLB recruits and total studs. Smith is a FR(RS) and Baker a SO(RS) although I am pretty sure Baker will go pro after this year and I will not give more then 5 minutes trying to stop him since this is my deepest position on the team. I am currently redshirting last year's #1 MLB who looks like a total freak as well! I am also currently #3 on this years #1 MLB who is better then all of these guys possibly!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Wolfpack44's Arena

OVR: 6

This is awesome. I am in my first year of an Online Dynasty with my friend. He is a WVU fan so i picked Louisville so we could be in the same conference. Using fist sliders as well with similar house rules im 4-2 and he is 5-1. My two losses have come at the hands of Lsu 31-24 and Va Tech 28-7. He lost to Georgia his first game when Devine went down with an injury. I just got the number 1 QB in the Nation to sign with me over Michigan and OSU. He has A arm strength and has I think B speed. It will be interesting to see how this season turns out and next season I have a quarterback to build around. Its fun following your dynasty its gets me pumped up to play my own. Good luck on the rest of your season sounds like you have built up a nice team.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack44
This is awesome. I am in my first year of an Online Dynasty with my friend. He is a WVU fan so i picked Louisville so we could be in the same conference. Using fist sliders as well with similar house rules im 4-2 and he is 5-1. My two losses have come at the hands of Lsu 31-24 and Va Tech 28-7. He lost to Georgia his first game when Devine went down with an injury. I just got the number 1 QB in the Nation to sign with me over Michigan and OSU. He has A arm strength and has I think B speed. It will be interesting to see how this season turns out and next season I have a quarterback to build around. Its fun following your dynasty its gets me pumped up to play my own. Good luck on the rest of your season sounds like you have built up a nice team.
hey thanks! yeah, i have laid the ground work for a very stable powerhouse of a team now. IMO, the key is to load up on 4-star recruits at every position possible because you can red shirt them and keep them longer then 3 years. 5-star guys are great if you want/can play them NOW but 4-star guys are the ideal guys to red shirt and then play down the road. They allow you to stabilize your team position by position because they seem less likely to leave early for the pros or get upset with PT and transfer away.

good luck with your team and OD. IMO, I am really focusing on building a deep solid DEFENSE to anchor my team. IMO, if/when the CPU starts to robo QB you or run right over you, the best way to stop that is with a stout D that can change momentum around with a single play or a 3 and out!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »