Home

Teams that run Spread Option

This is a discussion on Teams that run Spread Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

OVR: 2
Teams that run Spread Option

Could someone please name all the teams that run this type of offense?

I am very interested in it, but i want to know who else runs it except WVU and Michigan....

i mean like...ALL the teams you can from ACC Conference to Pac-10

Thanks so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 15
Re: Teams that run Spread Option

Northwestern, South Florida, Cincinnati, Arizona, Wake Forest, NC State, Virginia, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State (i think), Missouri, Kansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Oregon, California

I think all of them do, but Im sure on only a few of them (wake forest, Purdue, illinois, missouri, etc.)
Old 10-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshoom
Northwestern, South Florida, Cincinnati, Arizona, Wake Forest, NC State, Virginia, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State (i think), Missouri, Kansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Oregon, California

I think all of them do, but Im sure on only a few of them (wake forest, Purdue, illinois, missouri, etc.)
The difference between a spread offense and a spread option is that spread offense is like a balanced spread, spread option, is a heavy run first spread, and you must have speed.

Cincy runs a balanced spread. Texas Tech and Purdue run pass heavy spreads. Florida's a spread option. Penn State is spread HD.Illinois and Oregon are spread option.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
The difference between a spread offense and a spread option is that spread offense is like a balanced spread, spread option, is a heavy run first spread, and you must have speed.

Cincy runs a balanced spread. Texas Tech and Purdue run pass heavy spreads. Florida's a spread option. Penn State is spread HD.Illinois and Oregon are spread option.
Yeah, I was gonna say kind of what you did. Most of those teams run the spread and not the spread option.

I wouldn't even consider the Wake Forest as a true spread option. They spread the field out to run the ball, but don't run much or any option at all. You see them in a lot of 1 and 2 TE sets. To me that isn't even spread.

Texas Tech, Virginia, Mizzou, Northwestern, South Florida, Cinci, NC State, PSU, and Cal definately don't run spread option offenses. I am sure there is some option in the offenses, but they aren't true spread options. It would be like calling FSU an option offense because they run power option from I 3-5 times a game.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 10-24-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

OVR: 2

What does NC State, Arizona, and Arizona State run?

Also a Spread Offense is like WVU right? Just so im not getting confused
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I wouldn't even consider the Wake Forest as a true spread option. They spread the field out to run the ball, but don't run much or any option at all. You see them in a lot of 1 and 2 TE sets. To me that isn't even spread.
Not really; they have a lot of run plays thru the shotgun and lots of zone reads but it's just the running game is AWOL this year.

Nearly every team in the Big 12 save Iowa State and I think Texas A&M...Only team in the ACC I believe is Wake Forest; I'm not sure if Clemson consitutes as a spread
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 15

oh my bad...definitely didnt read the question close enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »