Home

For guys that also play madden

This is a discussion on For guys that also play madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #17
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: For guys that also play madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
There are downloadable roster. They have already released 9 or 10 roster updates for the game. As far as sliders go, I don't think I can add anything that others haven't said.
How do you download them? In the rosters forum for Madden they said I need some kinda transfer kit. Im not about to invest money into something for one game. Especially a game that I may very well eventually end up taking back.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #18
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

If you have xbox live then play a game against another person. Before you can actually pick your team the game will prompt you to download the most recent roster. You can then download the roster and just back out of the game if you don't feel like playing another person
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #19
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
If you have xbox live then play a game against another person. Before you can actually pick your team the game will prompt you to download the most recent roster. You can then download the roster and just back out of the game if you don't feel like playing another person
Cool. I havent worried about playing online because the game itself isnt all that fun to me. I will definitely try that tho. Thanx

Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Hey Guys,
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I'm in the opposite spot. I have Madden and haven't played NCAA at all this year. Just don't have enough time for two football games so I went with Madden after reading a lot of negative posts about NCAA early on.

I'm still playing Madden and using IQ/My Skill, and overall having a pretty good time. Biggest issue I have is I don't lose enough games using IQ or any sliders available. With the removal of CPU sliders it's about impossible to tune the game using custom sliders so I've stuck with My Skill as the better option imo.

Anyway, I was thinking down the road I might trade for NCAA if it is in fact a much better game. Any specific details on why many of you seem to prefer NCAA as the better game for 09? In the past my biggest issue with NCAA is that once your team is in the top 10, the game is just too easy because recruiting with a top 10 team is WAY too easy, adn you end up with a team full of studs. Any big changes/upgrades to the 09' version over previous years?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Hey Guys,
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I'm in the opposite spot. I have Madden and haven't played NCAA at all this year. Just don't have enough time for two football games so I went with Madden after reading a lot of negative posts about NCAA early on.

I'm still playing Madden and using IQ/My Skill, and overall having a pretty good time. Biggest issue I have is I don't lose enough games using IQ or any sliders available. With the removal of CPU sliders it's about impossible to tune the game using custom sliders so I've stuck with My Skill as the better option imo.

Anyway, I was thinking down the road I might trade for NCAA if it is in fact a much better game. Any specific details on why many of you seem to prefer NCAA as the better game for 09? In the past my biggest issue with NCAA is that once your team is in the top 10, the game is just too easy because recruiting with a top 10 team is WAY too easy, adn you end up with a team full of studs. Any big changes/upgrades to the 09' version over previous years?

Thanks!
I say trade it! PLEASE Get rid of Madden. Unless you want to see your NCAA stars on the Madden gridiron through exports (my main reason for coppin this year's madden). What a let down

NCAA brings: (all imo)

1. A much better game atmosphere
2. Smooth/ new animations (sometimes can be a bad thing)
3. SLIDERS for fine tuning
4. A MUCH MUCH better dynasty online and off
5. Lots of cheesy players but well less than Madden. Lol

NCAA lacks: (all imo)

1. CPU adaptation. You can run non cheese/money plays that will work 3-4 times in a row

2. What I call...Head on a Swivel Physics. Guys knock down passes w/o any idea of where the ball is in NCAA. They actually see the ball in Madden (good job EA!)

3. Smart CPU play calling on 3rd downs. i.e...3&8 and the game's slowest QB will try a QB option and try to run it himself. Wtf? But beware. To me, for some reason they always make a near perfect call on 4th down. You can stop them for negative yards on the first 3 downs but they pull a trick out of the bag on 4th down. Either the WR catches a ball, breaks a big hit and an extra tackle or the RB bulls his way past the 1st down marker. Its kind of frustrating but it gives you a feeling that they are actually "trying" to win.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

NCAA gameplay>Madden Gameplay

Graphics and Presentation

Madden

Atmosphere

NCAA
Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

im a huge ncaa guy and its all i play but madden in the better game for head to head. its much much better head to head actually. i can play 9 minute quarters against a hum on all madden with weapons off and have a 24-21 game. ncaa is alot more fun to play in my opinion. i really like the physics for tackling better on madden better and hope its like that on ncaa next year. if madden gets franchise online next year like they are supposed to i think it will be very popular.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #24
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
im a huge ncaa guy and its all i play but madden in the better game for head to head. its much much better head to head actually. i can play 9 minute quarters against a hum on all madden with weapons off and have a 24-21 game. ncaa is alot more fun to play in my opinion. i really like the physics for tackling better on madden better and hope its like that on ncaa next year. if madden gets franchise online next year like they are supposed to i think it will be very popular.
Yeah I played a h2h game with my cousin with weapons off and its alot more fun h2h. But 75% of the time Im home alone and will be playing the cpu. So its kind of a catch 22. Usually the new NCAA will have Madden's physics from the previous year so if that continues I will be so addicted to NCAA my folks are gonna have to have an intervention

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »