Home

Poll glitch?

This is a discussion on Poll glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
Angry Poll glitch?

Playing PS3 version, my second season with Boston College. I opened the season with a 17-14 win over Syracuse. I was in the "Also receiving votes" group, with 20 votes.

My second game, I travelled to University Park and upset #17 Penn State, 21-16.

Penn State fell to 25th. I expected to be closer to being ranked, maybe the first or second team just below ranking.

I have six votes.

SIX.

What the heck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Poll glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule
Playing PS3 version, my second season with Boston College. I opened the season with a 17-14 win over Syracuse. I was in the "Also receiving votes" group, with 20 votes.

My second game, I travelled to University Park and upset #17 Penn State, 21-16.

Penn State fell to 25th. I expected to be closer to being ranked, maybe the first or second team just below ranking.

I have six votes.

SIX.

What the heck?
Haha; that's quite humorous. There probably was a lot of action between Top #25 would be my only reasoning
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

Well no one fell out, and Penn State dropped from 17 to 25.

I figured I'd leapfrog some of the other "also getting votes" teams...
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule
Well no one fell out, and Penn State dropped from 17 to 25.

I figured I'd leapfrog some of the other "also getting votes" teams...
Dude, that's nothing as far as ranking bugs go. I was in season 4 in my dynasty controlling U-Dub (Washington) at the All-American level. In year 1 I went 10-2. Year 2 I won the national title. In year 3 I went 12-0 and never got higher than 3rd and got locked out of the title game.

IN YEAR 4 I STARTED AS THE #1 TEAM IN THE NATION. I WAS 11-0 GOING INTO THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON WHEN I DROPPED TO #2. I WON MY 12TH GAME 49-3 AND DROPPED TO #3 AND GOT LOCKED OUT OF THE TITLE GAME. WTF. SERIOUSLY, WTF.

More great quality from EA.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

I hear you man. I am in the third season with Southern Miss. I am 6-0. First win easy home against Western Kentucky just to warm up. Next game at 2-0 Auburn#14 Legit team B- I pulled it out 31-28.
Next game At 3-0 Byu #18 B won 48-42
Next game at 4-0 Boston College#15 B won 13-10

In those first four games none of them dropped and I had no votes my last season i went 7-6. It wasn't the greatest season I got the job done. I would think some votes would come my way or at least enter the top? But no I didn't. Know I am hoping for votes beating C-usa teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steebu
Dude, that's nothing as far as ranking bugs go. I was in season 4 in my dynasty controlling U-Dub (Washington) at the All-American level. In year 1 I went 10-2. Year 2 I won the national title. In year 3 I went 12-0 and never got higher than 3rd and got locked out of the title game.

IN YEAR 4 I STARTED AS THE #1 TEAM IN THE NATION. I WAS 11-0 GOING INTO THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON WHEN I DROPPED TO #2. I WON MY 12TH GAME 49-3 AND DROPPED TO #3 AND GOT LOCKED OUT OF THE TITLE GAME. WTF. SERIOUSLY, WTF.

More great quality from EA.
Hey, don't look now but that may happen to Texas. It is feasible that Penn State and Alabama get in if all the teams win out. I am not sure what team you used but if the other teams played a conference championship or had a stronger schedule that may have played a role. Or you got screwed. Don't blame EA, blame the BCS for not creating a playoff....
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

Just happened again. Had 10 votes after a win, then I beat Wake Forest at home by two touchdowns (granted they're 0-5)....all my votes are gone.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

I just finished yr one of a OD with Alabama went 12-1 won the SEC Championship and finished behind a 2 loss Georgia team that I had already beat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »