Home

Did i cheese?

This is a discussion on Did i cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5
Did i cheese?

Weird question right? But i was accused of cheesing in my OD, in the NC game.

Here's the deal, in the first half this guy playing as Michigan State(im alabama) literally got every break. His first possession he's driving on me, eventually i stop him to a 4th and 15 and he's on my 47 yard line. So he goes for it, i pick it off. He messages me saying "just as good as a punt." I think he was messaging me that to disguise the fact he actually went for it and make it seem like he did nothing wrong. Honestly i didnt care one way or the other just thought it was odd he'd message me during the game.

Anyways i dont do anything on my first possession and punt the ball away. He scores on his 2nd possession, by now its in the 2nd quarter. And my team overall is playing horrible, i run an option play and with nobody around my QB pitches the ball well behind my HB. Luckily i recover and gained like a yard out of it. Well again he stops me and eventually scores to go up 14-0 late in the half, i end up doinking a FG off the crossbar as time expires in the half. Down 14-0 at half.

2nd half i proceed to comeback. He couldnt stop me, imo i dont think i cheesed. I ran alot of hurry up offense since my offense couldnt get going i wanted to try something different. I rarely ran the same play twice in a row, id audible or hot route my guys while running this hurry up offense. I proceed to shred his stout D. Before i knew it was down 21-14. I did run a few slants where i threw to Julio Jones over the middle, but not even on downs when i needed it. Ofcourse he did the same thing to me, but whined about it after the game that i ran this play too much.

Anyways he gave up 2 KRs for TDs in the 2nd half to the same kick returner. So before i knew it late in the game i was only down 35-28(after he just scored and left 40 seconds on the clock) and the kickoff following his score was returned for a TD(one of the 2 in the second half). We got to OT tied 35-35.

I win the toss and elect D first. He scores in 2 plays, his scoring TD was PA pass to his TE which works all the time on this game. And he ran that a bunch in the game. I then score on 3 plays myself, instead of going for the XP, i decide to go for 2 and the NC Win. I find a play where the WR lines up at TE to create a mismatch, well he rushes nobody and when i roll right i easily run in with the QB to win the NC!!!!

He then messages me saying "talk about cheese!!!" I couldnt figure out how i cheesed, but apparently going for 2 in OT of the NC game is cheese. And running the slant route over the middle a few times in the game is cheese. Even though he ran the same plays over and over. I read 95% of his run plays cause he motioned a guy to whatever side he was running too. But because this dynasty plays on Varsity(not sure why he has it on this level) the CPU AI is even more awful, and if he blocked the guy i was controllin i was screwed.

But seriously did i cheese? I only ran that slant over the middle maybe 4-5 times, and threw to my HB i think twice. I could of ran this stuff all game especially to Julio Jones, but chose not too. I think he has sour grapes more than anything. But what do i know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Did i cheese?

Na you didnt cheese. No huddle isnt cheese if you're not constantly running the same play or if you're losing imo. Only when you're winning or keep running the same play, like in a 5 wide set or a trips PA to the TE. So im guessin you cheesed on those two KO returns for TDs as well? If I was you Id be retiring anyway. Varsity level is soooooo not fun

Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm from the no-excuse mentality so whether you run the same play over and over or never run the same play twice the whole game it doesn't matter...it's my defense's job to stop you. If I'm too stupid to figure out a way to stop your offense or a particular play, then I need to practice a better scheme.

So, no...I don't think that's cheese. Hurry-up, spread O, etc. I'd love to run a hurry up, but with a lot more plays to select form
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 AM   #4
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Na you didnt cheese. No huddle isnt cheese if you're not constantly running the same play or if you're losing imo. Only when you're winning or keep running the same play, like in a 5 wide set or a trips PA to the TE. So im guessin you cheesed on those two KO returns for TDs as well? If I was you Id be retiring anyway. Varsity level is soooooo not fun
Yeah i HATE varsity level. I didnt realize it till after i joined and wondered why my guys ran like robots. I did end up retiring from the league, mostly cause this guy wouldnt leave me alone about cheesing and wouldnt give me credit for just making a great comeback. So i retire with a NC under my belt in that league.

I def. agree though, i dont think no huddle is cheese at all especially if you're losing. I was down 14 points most of the game what did he expect. I returned 2 KO's and got an onside kick is that my fault? I think not. I kept telling him that, but he wouldnt give me credit pretty much said his team just played bad. btw i put up 43 points on him in 2 quarters, and he said his D played well i just got lucky. Id hate to see his D when they played bad like mine did.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'm from the no-excuse mentality so whether you run the same play over and over or never run the same play twice the whole game it doesn't matter...it's my defense's job to stop you. If I'm too stupid to figure out a way to stop your offense or a particular play, then I need to practice a better scheme.

So, no...I don't think that's cheese. Hurry-up, spread O, etc. I'd love to run a hurry up, but with a lot more plays to select form
I dont give excuses either but if someone is cheating, someone is cheating. Some plays on here can be almost impossible to stop. Especially if they play with players out of position, or throw to their HB's out of the backfield. Those are just really hard to stop.

Bottom line is i did none of those things, and still was considered a cheeser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Down 14-0 and running no huddle to start the 2nd half sounds like a desperation move and really isnt needed at that time. In real life teams run no huddle all game but this game doesnt do that, its an actual hurry up offense which isnt totally unstoppable but not needed when only down 14 in the 3rd quarter imo.

As far as playcalling goes, run what you want imo because there isnt any automatic money plays like there was in last gen. You can run those quick slants all day if you'd like. There is a zone for it, and hell I can even user pick it with a LB if I want to so its not a big deal to me.

Overall sounds like it was a good game, not really cheesy but desperate to say the least, although I liked the move to go for 2 in the NC. Sellout and take it dont let anybody hand it to you!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:40 AM   #7
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Down 14-0 and running no huddle to start the 2nd half sounds like a desperation move and really isnt needed at that time. In real life teams run no huddle all game but this game doesnt do that, its an actual hurry up offense which isnt totally unstoppable but not needed when only down 14 in the 3rd quarter imo.

As far as playcalling goes, run what you want imo because there isnt any automatic money plays like there was in last gen. You can run those quick slants all day if you'd like. There is a zone for it, and hell I can even user pick it with a LB if I want to so its not a big deal to me.

Overall sounds like it was a good game, not really cheesy but desperate to say the least, although I liked the move to go for 2 in the NC. Sellout and take it dont let anybody hand it to you!
I guess you could say i was desperate, but i wasnt running no huddle all the time in the 2nd half. Just when i felt he was "vulnerable." Also i didnt score on him till mid way through the 3rd quarter, so if you think about it i put up 43 points in a quarter and a half and 1 OT. Id be pretty mad if i was him too.

I agree there really arent "so called" money plays in this next gen game. But there are one's that work the majority of the time. Like throwing to the HB or FB out of the backfield works, those slants work especially with tall WR's. The defensive AI is awful on this game and DB's get burned on the PA way too much. I played this guy once and literally thats all he did was PA pass to his like 98 speed WR on a go route, and burned my CB every time. I controlled the FS to get back there and even try to get a PI call on me and he still would catch the ball somehow. He only beat me by like 14 doing this too, and mostly cause i beat myself.

He definitely was mad at me for going for 2. I told him i went for it cause 1) we werent gonna stop each other on defense and 2) i had to be leaving soon anyways.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

why do you care what we all think?

i come from the mind set that if you even have to ask the question, then yes, you cheesed. if you even have to ask the question then in all likelihood you did it to a degree in your own mind or you wouldn't even bother asking.

at the end of the day the simple question that you should ask yourself is: "did I have fun in this OD?" if yes, who cares, if no, quit.

this has always been my experience with video gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »