Home

Is this cheesing?

This is a discussion on Is this cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
Rookie

s14curtis's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
or if you play with house rules like in my OD where no offensive player can have greater then 90 speed when recruited with no limits on defensive players.
That's the dumbest rule I've ever heard of. Just learn to play defense.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14curtis
That's the dumbest rule I've ever heard of. Just learn to play defense.
You tell him to just play better defense but yet you wont play anybody that uses Florida

Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
But I said HUMAN opponents. The person that started the original thread said "I am in an online dynasty, and i played a guy that had a speedy QB" referencing it was a human opponent.

Against the CPU I only run man. Zone against the CPU on Heisman, even with great defenders, gives you Robo QB.

I just don't understand how or why you haven't traded this game in yet. The game isn't that much fun against the CPU to begin with. Then you handicap yourself with the House Rules that limits plays you can call, recruits, user skills, etc. etc. To each his own and I am not bashing you. Just trying to find out how that could be fun.

I have basically moved on from this game. Get my OD obligations finished and plug COD4 back in. All I know is that in one week we have COD 5. No one will be playing the EA titles once this comes out. Not to mention, Gears of War 2 is coming out.
I was talking about HUMAN vs. HUMAN in my OD. With the house rule of no speed over 90, it gives the HUMAN defense a HUGE edge on the HUMAN offense since you are faster across the board and man to man becomes a viable option again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I was talking about HUMAN vs. HUMAN in my OD. With the house rule of no speed over 90, it gives the HUMAN defense a HUGE edge on the HUMAN offense since you are faster across the board and man to man becomes a viable option again.
There is a problem with this house rule if you have 10 guys in a dynasty. It just won't work because of the number of CB's you need on your roster. If every team has 6 CB's on their roster then that is 6 CB recruits per team for a total of 60 CB's. You are then combining those CB recruits with who the CPU is recruiting. Do you really see this working in a BIG dynasty? Your dynasty is with you and one other person.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

of course that is....Just dropping back with a fast QB and scrambling till someone is open is garbage! You just have to hope you can contain and you can get atleast 2 guys pressuring the QB. One on both sides...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
There is a problem with this house rule if you have 10 guys in a dynasty. It just won't work because of the number of CB's you need on your roster. If every team has 6 CB's on their roster then that is 6 CB recruits per team for a total of 60 CB's. You are then combining those CB recruits with who the CPU is recruiting. Do you really see this working in a BIG dynasty? Your dynasty is with you and one other person.
I don't think you would normally recruit 6 CBs each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »