Home

Who's Still Playing?

This is a discussion on Who's Still Playing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are You Still Playing NCAA '09?
Yes 133 75.14%
Very Little 24 13.56%
No 20 11.30%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Who's Still Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Considering the blatant abuse of the bad recruiting AI by most dynasty players I've seen on this forum, I wonder why they can't simply use a bit of self control and not cheat the system instead of constantly complaining about how flaws are "gamebreakers".
The CPU recruiting issue we are discussing here has nothing to do with what you do as a user. We are referring to this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eams-suck.html
Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i like it because i can play with my friends, and the recruiting battles.
Since Solidice and I are piggy backing each other. Basically it comes down to the recruiting battles. But yes I am in a dynasty with 10 teams and 6 of us are in the ACC so I get a good mix of user game when you mix in 2 OOC user games. It's is pretty easy for me to recruit against the CPU offline. I may not have a top 10 class with Baylor or Bosie State (the 2 offline dynasties that I couldn't finish) but I get good players at key position. Hell I lost to Bowling Green at home as Bosie. It just wasn't fun. Plus in my Online dynasty we have a forum and blogsite. Things that keep it interesting and fresh.

I just get no enjoyment out offline this year. That pains me to say because I didn't even buy Madden this year. I am a avid NCAA gamer. This year didn't do it for me as a single player game but OD have really kept me playing and enjoying this game.

I have a Running Back in year 3 that is a MONSTER. 6'1" 221 pounds Freshmen He is like Adrian Peterson. He can run past, around or through you. Through 6 games he has 1055 yards and 13 TD's. I'm not one for throwing him he ball a lot so he doesn't have a lot of catches but I love running with him. His is a program changer. It was fun to recruit him and see the other users reactions when they lost out on him. That is making this game a blast for me. That and we have a really great group of guys that play a pretty straight up game.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 11-05-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #19
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm still playing... just not the PS3/360 version. The more I play the LG version, the more I wish they had kept much of LG's gameplay intact, and just upgraded the graphics and added a million more animations. We've already had 3 iterations of NCAA on the CG and I'm still drawn to LG.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Since Solidice and I are piggy backing each other. Basically it comes down to the recruiting battles. But yes I am in a dynasty with 10 teams and 6 of us are in the ACC so I get a good mix of user game when you mix in 2 OOC user games. Plus in my Online dynasty we have a forum and blogsite. Things that keep it interesting and fresh.
That sounds pretty cool.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
The CPU recruiting issue we are discussing here has nothing to do with what you do as a user. We are referring to this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eams-suck.html
That problem only exists within the OL from what I've seen. Improving the CPU blocking versus Human break block is a very simple solution.

Team overall rating is a smokescreen number. I've played using 80 OVR teams that I can dominate with and with 90 OVR teams that I'll have problems moving the ball with. It all comes down to the skill positions in this game unfortunately and the CPU is rarely lacking in that area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm still playing... just not the PS3/360 version. The more I play the LG version, the more I wish they had kept much of LG's gameplay intact, and just upgraded the graphics and added a million more animations. We've already had 3 iterations of NCAA on the CG and I'm still drawn to LG.
I agree. The PS2 version has its share of issues but it provides a much better game against the CPU.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I agree. The PS2 version has its share of issues but it provides a much better game against the CPU.
I miss some things from last gen NCAA, but I still think next gen NCAA is progressing. The thing that irritates me is that some of the fixes that would push this game over the top are so obviously wrong that they should have been caught in the dev/QA cycle.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm still having a lot of fun in this one. I'm in year four of my Oregon dynasty, and with good sliders, I've had a great time. USC is A+ across the board. I'm having a great time. I like my online dynasty too, I don't really perfer one or the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »