Home

Questions About NCAA08 Football for Original XBOX

This is a discussion on Questions About NCAA08 Football for Original XBOX within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Questions About NCAA08 Football for Original XBOX

Yeah no I definitely read that man. And I thought about it for a minute after I read it just like I did right now, especially the last line.

Here's the thing. I am not denying that it exists, that players in certain scenarios take bad angles when in real life tackles would be made.

I guess my question is does this happen on every single play?

Because on heisman sliders, I can't run to the outside sometimes against the CPU, especially late in the game. Like I won't even be able to turn the corner sometimes.

I mean there are definitely times when I break a big run and I think to myself, man that seemed a little too easy, but a lot of the times I am juking and making CPU defenders miss.

On the other side of the ball, I try to move players around pre-snap so they are in good position to pursue the way they should.

I guess my question is do you see this problem with all players, with all teams? On all gameplay settings? Do sliders help this problem at all?

Like I said, I am not denying that this problem may exist somewhere in the game.

I put awareness up to 75% on heisman. That may help this problem. I put the tackling slider up a few notches as well.

I just would like to know if this problem only happens with some players (rated 70 or below for example) or if it's all players all the time.

I've noticed the CPU really steps up in terms of tackling late in games.

I'd like to be able to see it in a user video. where you can show me through replay mode slow motion where the poor angles are taking place.

What gameplay are you playing on? Have you tried my heisman sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
Yeah no I definitely read that man. And I thought about it for a minute after I read it just like I did right now, especially the last line.

Here's the thing. I am not denying that it exists, that players in certain scenarios take bad angles when in real life tackles would be made.

I guess my question is does this happen on every single play?

Because on heisman sliders, I can't run to the outside sometimes against the CPU, especially late in the game. Like I won't even be able to turn the corner sometimes.

I mean there are definitely times when I break a big run and I think to myself, man that seemed a little too easy, but a lot of the times I am juking and making CPU defenders miss.

On the other side of the ball, I try to move players around pre-snap so they are in good position to pursue the way they should.

I guess my question is do you see this problem with all players, with all teams? On all gameplay settings? Do sliders help this problem at all?

Like I said, I am not denying that this problem may exist somewhere in the game.

I put awareness up to 75% on heisman. That may help this problem. I put the tackling slider up a few notches as well.

I just would like to know if this problem only happens with some players (rated 70 or below for example) or if it's all players all the time.

I've noticed the CPU really steps up in terms of tackling late in games.

I'd like to be able to see it in a user video. where you can show me through replay mode slow motion where the poor angles are taking place.

What gameplay are you playing on? Have you tried my heisman sliders?
I can't provide anymore information as to whether sliders help or not. I played the game briefly on both PS2 and XBOX and in both of them I tried a few sets sliders on both All American and Heisman. I can't remember the exact sliders, nor can I pretend to have extensively tested potential solutions.

Maybe you are having better results with whatever settings you're using and the issue is manageable on your end. You've obviously played this game more than I have. For me, the issue was immediately noticeable and the few sets of sliders I've tried didn't really help it all that much. This coupled with the fact that I've seen reports of the issue not being fixable (which could have been wrong I guess) and reports that tons of school end up on probation in dynasty mode made me move away from NCAA 08 fairly quickly last year.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 3

The poor pursuit angles in 08 was a game killer for me. It's definitely there and it happens often. The safeties and corners take piss poor angles and it is easy as pie to speed burst right around them, even when they should easily have the angle on you. This was not an issue in 07, which is my favorite version of the game and my favorite football game of all time.

A few people mentioned coach mode - it is also way better on 07. Way too many interceptions in 08, and the pursuit angle issue is still a huge drawback. The only thing 08 has over 07 is the expanded playbooks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »