Home

FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

This is a discussion on FCS or Create-a-School for 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 37
FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

Just curious what people would prefer for 2010... either FCS (football championship series... aka Div 1aa) OR bringing back the create-a-school option. So, what do you prefer?

Personally I want to see FCS teams make their triumphant return to the NCAA Football series. I know it sounds silly but I used to have a mandatory game against James Madison (JMU) every year. There was just something fun about playing FCS teams back on playstation 2. For 2010, all of the FCS stadiums could be generic, but regardless, FCS needs to be back for 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

Easily Create-A-School.

I don't see how FCS adds anything to the game unless you play for or attend a FCS school. In the grand scheme of things, this is a NCAA Division I-A football game and that should be the priority.

If you want some FCS school, then Create-A-School at least allows you to create them.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Create-a-School! hands down
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 11-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

If they bring in the uniform editor then definately FCS. I'm tired of just seeing 4 directional teams rather than actually talented Appalachian St teams...
Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Easily Create-A-School.

I don't see how FCS adds anything to the game unless you play for or attend a FCS school. In the grand scheme of things, this is a NCAA Division I-A football game and that should be the priority.
I respectfully disagree. If we are talking next gen then yes, Div IA is what it's all about. However, on last gen (ps2) FCS was a huge aspect of the game. The championship playoff series was a lot of fun as it gave a different option to the FBS bowl series. A lot is missing from next gen NCAA football without the inclusion of FCS teams.

Don't get me wrong, I like create-a-school too but if I had to choose it would be FCS 10 out of 10 before create-a-school only because you have so much more than just one created team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 01:27 AM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

CAS.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-07-2008, 01:28 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
If they bring in the uniform editor then definately FCS. I'm tired of just seeing 4 directional teams rather than actually talented Appalachian St teams...
I totally agree about the uniform editor... let us choose the helmet, the pants, and the top for BOTH teams!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe this is a dumb question but why would anybody want Create a school more than having FCS teams? If the game had the FCS teams in it then they would not need to be created.

Last time I checked this game is called NCAA FOOTBALL 09 and not NCAA DIVISON 1-A FOOTBALL 09

Since the Division 1 teams schedule games against FCS teams the FCS teams should be in the game and it would be more fun then playing the generic FCS teams that are in the game now.

I know that some of you probably do not agree and that is fine. I just do not understand why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »