Home

QB running to sideline every play Cheese..

This is a discussion on QB running to sideline every play Cheese.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB running to sideline every play Cheese..

I never said I play one defense for a whole game all the time. I did it one time and thats becasue the guy ran side to side and threw it downfiled every play. I know how to mix up my playcalling. And at default on AA cover 2 works very crappy imo. I have tried it countless times and still get burned because the DB stays in his zone. They never move. Once the back cuts in when his route is over its money

Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #18
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I never said I play one defense for a whole game all the time. I did it one time and thats becasue the guy ran side to side and threw it downfiled every play. I know how to mix up my playcalling. And at default on AA cover 2 works very crappy imo. I have tried it countless times and still get burned because the DB stays in his zone. They never move. Once the back cuts in when his route is over its money
lol, yea on aa pretty much any d is useless. the worst thing about aa is the pursuit angles and lb's just standing there until the rb gets in the hole. no one attacks. everyone plays on there heels. the secondary's are garbage. leaving gapping holes and no reaction to the ball in the air. cover two and variations of it like buzz duo and tampa 2 work really good on heisman if you have 3 backers on the field. the backers stay home in the middle of field so its not wide open on crosses and throwing to the flats is a no no on heisman if you have cover 2 on. of course if you get no pressure the deep middle can get torched. but dont get me wrong you have to mix it up also. cover threes, i love cover two man if you can press. the 5-2 has some great plays and the 4-4 is great in the red zone and nickle strong is really good also.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #19
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
lol, yea on aa pretty much any d is useless. the worst thing about aa is the pursuit angles and lb's just standing there until the rb gets in the hole. no one attacks. everyone plays on there heels. the secondary's are garbage. leaving gapping holes and no reaction to the ball in the air. cover two and variations of it like buzz duo and tampa 2 work really good on heisman if you have 3 backers on the field. the backers stay home in the middle of field so its not wide open on crosses and throwing to the flats is a no no on heisman if you have cover 2 on. of course if you get no pressure the deep middle can get torched. but dont get me wrong you have to mix it up also. cover threes, i love cover two man if you can press. the 5-2 has some great plays and the 4-4 is great in the red zone and nickle strong is really good also.
yeah the reason I dont play online anymore is becasue you cant play ranked matches on Heisman. Guys reeeally take advantage of the dumb earl defenses. Imagine playing with custom sliders online

Old 11-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
yeah the reason I dont play online anymore is becasue you cant play ranked matches on Heisman. Guys reeeally take advantage of the dumb earl defenses. Imagine playing with custom sliders online
it shouldnt matter if its ranked, its not like you get anything for winning. the only other guy that is going to care about the win you just got is the guy who got the loss and he doesnt need to see a record to remember. i find that the guys playing ranked will do what it takes to win instead of playing like they ever watched a football game. if your playing unranked heisman you will run across way more good straight players. i run across more really bad players but not the cheese.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
it shouldnt matter if its ranked, its not like you get anything for winning. the only other guy that is going to care about the win you just got is the guy who got the loss and he doesnt need to see a record to remember. i find that the guys playing ranked will do what it takes to win instead of playing like they ever watched a football game. if your playing unranked heisman you will run across way more good straight players. i run across more really bad players but not the cheese.
Cool. I should give that a try. BTW, my gt is Young J 334

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #22
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Straight chees ignore those on here who say it is not cheese that happens in real life. Yeah right name one quarterback that runs out of the pocket everyplay? Even Michael Vick who was probably the fastest quarterback in the history of the NFL stayed in the pocket at times. Yes there is a huge problem with the pocket protectioin in this game but there are other ways to avod pressure, such as throwing to the halfback or moving to left or right and then throwing not running all the way to the sideline and waiting for someone to get open. Who can not win by doing that? U can not possibly cover everyone on defense and eventually someone is going to get open, I should know I have purposely done this in the past to people and it pisses them off. I do not do it any more and I never will, why U might ask because it is cheese.

Cheese (def.)- using exploits of the game whether on defense or offense in attempt to gain an unfair advantage over your opponent
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 11-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #23
Rookie

BGPurple's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Rolling out of the pocket in a realistic looking manner is not cheese as it's done by many scrambling QB's in real college football. Doing so allows the QB to focus only on one side of the field which is easier for many young QB's and also tires out the DL since they are having to chase him constantly.

Things that are not cheese:

Rolling out of pocket
PA passes
Throwing to FB
Running FB Dives
QB Sneaks
Blitzing every play
Controlling the clock
Throwing deep
The Option
User catching

Things that are cheese:

Calling your opponent cheesy.
Quitting the game for any reason.
Pausing over and over to annoy your opponent.
Dropping back 20+ yards to throw.
Going for every 4th down.
Kicking onsides every kick off.
Only playing with top 10 teams online regardless of what team your opponent picks.
Being verbally abusive over a video game.

If it 'looks' ridiculous then its probably cheese, if it looks like something you would see in real college football then it's not cheese.

Are some of the above things too easy to be successful with in this game? Sure they are just like almost everything on offense is too easy, but that doesn't make it cheese.
Anytime someone gets beat with a tactic they can't stop they cry CHEESE when 99% of the time it's not cheese it's just poor defensive knowledge.
I agree completely with this. If you can see it in CFB then not cheese.
PS3 Live Name - Spenus
Old 12-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #24
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Rolling out isnt cheese if youre pressured, what he's talking about is running to the sideline as soon as the ball is snapped to buy extra time to get wr's free since the cpu Dline cant break free and the db's by programming, don't cover.. we all know what he's talking about... no one wants to admit doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »