Home

NCAA Football needs some new announcers

This is a discussion on NCAA Football needs some new announcers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #9
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football needs some new announcers

I always play my sports games with the sound off and XM Radio going. I haven't listened to a full game of commentary for 2 years in NCAA.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #10
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I think comedy lines don't work well in sports games, since they become more repetetive faster, so I'd be okay with Lee being gone, but I think Kirk and Brad are great. Personally, I think this is the best announcing in a sports game (though I haven't tried live or 2k this year, so take it for what its worth).
Old 11-14-2008, 03:49 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I think comedy lines don't work well in sports games, since they become more repetetive faster, so I'd be okay with Lee being gone, but I think Kirk and Brad are great. Personally, I think this is the best announcing in a sports game (though I haven't tried live or 2k this year, so take it for what its worth).
I can't speak for the 360 and PS3 versions as I don't own them, but for the NCAA games on PS2 and Original Xbox, the commentary has always been outstanding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #12
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If you were to remove Nessler, Corso, and Herbstreit, who would you put in? Any other collegiate announcing team would be a downgrade IMO.
Mike Patrick with Todd Blackledge would be outstanding. Ron Franklin is outstanding.
I know it wouldn't work with them being at CBS but Lundquist and Danielson would be good also.

I really like Nessler and Herbstreit but it is getting old. Nessler is a little more subdued than most play by play guys. That's why I love Patrick.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Here's another idea that would be excellent if they had room on the disc to do it........let you pick announcing teams. Have like three sets of announcers you could choose from!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
Here's another idea that would be excellent if they had room on the disc to do it........let you pick announcing teams. Have like three sets of announcers you could choose from!
That'd be so cool. Depending on where you play the game you'd have a different announcing team. Local games would have the local guys and national games muss and herbie.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
That'd be so cool. Depending on where you play the game you'd have a different announcing team. Local games would have the local guys and national games muss and herbie.
It would be great but it's just not feasable. OMT already ruled out this option for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 28

The commentary is excellent but the best tandem ever was in NFL 2K...Those guys sounded as if they were giving a real broadcast. I will say that, at times, Corso and Herbstreit sound as if they are reading versus ad-libbing....

More lines of commentary would be helpful but the overall presentation needs an overhaul. How about a sideline reporter giving updates on injuries and a team's reaction to a big play (momentum and a team's reaction to a big play or series can impact morale)...

Also, what about top scores from around a conference, top 25, with in-game highlights...??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »