Home

Am I missing something (Formation Subs)

This is a discussion on Am I missing something (Formation Subs) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9
Am I missing something (Formation Subs)

I realize you can't do them in-game. But before I go into my weekly dynasty game is there somewhere I can go in and edit formation personnel?

EX: I want to out my highly rated second string DE as first string on some formations and not others.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

Re: Am I missing something (Formation Subs)

you cant do them in or out of games...formation subs dont exist on next gen.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I realize you can't do them in-game. But before I go into my weekly dynasty game is there somewhere I can go in and edit formation personnel?

EX: I want to out my highly rated second string DE as first string on some formations and not others.
Nope, can't do it. We've been whining and whining about this for a while, to no avail so far.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600

FORMATION SUBS.... one of the biggest missing links between last gen and current gen. Bring formation subs back for 2010. This is why I say we need the Madden playcall screen for NCAA 2010!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
you cant do them in or out of games...formation subs dont exist on next gen.
In all seriousness, I think having formation subs on next-gen would crash the 360 / PS3s.

If they didn't crash, the menus interfaces wouldn't be as clean, as smooth, or as reliable without errors as is seen on the NCAA games on ps2 and original xbox...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
In all seriousness, I think having formation subs on next-gen would crash the 360 / PS3s.

If they didn't crash, the menus interfaces wouldn't be as clean, as smooth, or as reliable without errors as is seen on the NCAA games on ps2 and original xbox...
With all due respect, I totally disagree!!! The Madden playcall screen on NEXT GEN works just fine and it has formation subs built in. As well, I will happily take menus that aren't crstal clear if that means I can get formation subs again
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2

dont even know how that makes sense. we already have depth charts and package subs. not sure how your saying formation subs would cause a prob. it always had its own menu to go in and do this.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OMT has already stated that it merely takes time to input features in...so this next year we may get formation subs or something else but the budget is semi tight. I cant remember the thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »