Home

How is the PS2 version?

This is a discussion on How is the PS2 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: How is the PS2 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
It does feel much better than the PS3 and 360 versions. Sadly, the pass rush issue does not appear to be solvable, leading to too many sacks for both teams. Ints are hit and miss. I've had a few games where there were a lot (3 or so per side) but most games it remained tolerable.
Hey if sacks are an issue what position do you play with. I know that when I play D line on any system, I am a very good user controlled DE or DT so I would get about 6 sacks a game on my heisman set. But I started playing MLB or OLB and I started covering and stunting and playing run and its been a lot of fun for me. Its kinda challenging except now I am running into the fact where the CPU is getting dumb. This is on PS3 by the way. But After I take awat the cheap robo QB slants and quick middle routes, the CPU now is confused and doesnt know what to do. Kinda crappy since they are semi succesful with the run. I know I was miami and FSU had about 150 yards rushing in the first half, but then didnt want to run in the 2nd half. Normally I dont suck at run coverages but man antone smith was unstopable. Kinda cheap but with the weak aniamations that EA has this year I am not really complaining.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Hey if sacks are an issue what position do you play with.
I play coach mode so I'm not playing a position. In the PS2 version of NCAA 09, blitzes from the outside are too successful, easily resulting in 6+ sacks per team in each game.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I play coach mode
This is the problem...The CPU QBs are too dumb to avoid the blitz and to not throw the ball directly into the hands of a DB on coach mode.

On coach mode, it is almost as if the CPU calls a play with a pre-determined WR he is going to throw it to and he does it regardless of if that player is covered or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
This is the problem...The CPU QBs are too dumb to avoid the blitz and to not throw the ball directly into the hands of a DB on coach mode.

On coach mode, it is almost as if the CPU calls a play with a pre-determined WR he is going to throw it to and he does it regardless of if that player is covered or not.
But even when I play against the CPU and I control the players I still rack up way too many sacks just by calling blitzes. So according to your argument, I should just not play against the CPU?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
But even when I play against the CPU and I control the players I still rack up way too many sacks just by calling blitzes. So according to your argument, I should just not play against the CPU?
I find the cpu plays smarter against a human opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »