Home

What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #73
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer30
5. Challenges. I didnt think you could challenge plays in college unless the ref wants to review or the booth.
coaches can challenge a play
Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
The pre-game panoramas make the game fun in my opinion. Makes you feel like you are there. Like's it's a national broadcast. You get to see the area.
I beg to differ... PLAYERS ON THE FIELD makes me feel like I'm at the stadium!!! Last gen did it right... it's time for current gen to pick up the slack.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Super Conferences!

If we have a dynasty of 12 teams it is unfair to give teams Florida while another is stuck with Vanderbilt. Let everyone choose whatever team they want and move them to that conference.

Test your work!

Actually have people test the dynasties to make sure they work so you don't have to take the game offline and screw everything in the dynasty up just so you can keep your transfers.

Make your own Playbook!

Give everyone the option to throw whatever set of formations together that they want. Even if it is not individual plays, then there should be various groups to choose from.

Special Teams

Tell me if the punter or kicker is in the formation so I have some idea if they are using their special teams.

Promises

Don't make teams wait until the offseason to make a promise. If I am battling for a player I should be able to use the entire arsenal all year to get the players. If your at a big school these don't even matter as most of your is already set and there really isn't a need to promise anything.

Recruiting

Have recruits be aware of your depth chart. In our dynasty we had a guy sign the top 3 OLB in the class despite already being stacked with young OLB talent.

Recruiting Positions

Why is it I can get 8 5* corners on my team, but getting any punter or kicker of 2* to even be slightly interested is like pulling teeth?

Double Coverages

We should be able to set double coverages by name. If you want to double cover a guy you shouldn't have to play cat and mouse games.

Prevent Defense

I've got 8 guys in coverage and playing deep...there should be no reason that someone can get behind the coverage.

Awareness

Make this much more important. If a guy has a 99 speed WR, but has a 50 awareness and a Safety has a 93 speed, but a 90 awareness he should win the deep ball battle vs. WR most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #76
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I still don't want EA making the game.

I also don't want any person going to any site complaining about socks, stadiums, uniforms, coaches on sidelines, and fans. There are far more important things that need to be done with this game. 2009 was the biggest TURD EA has developed in this series and should have never been released. Give us a game with good programming instead of GARBAGE like "Get Your Name in the game".
Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #77
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I DONT want...

WIDE OPEN GAMEPLAY-the biggest disaster in NCAA gaming history since....

JUMP THE SNAP-the stupidest and most unrealistic "cheat" ever given to a sports game.

That about covers the two worst aspects of NCAA 09. Complete lack of defense and ludicrous jumping of the snap every other play.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #78
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Jump the snap. I was never a fan of that.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 02-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Lets just be real here, guys. Some things are just factual and cannot be disputed. These things, as well as others, probably wont ever change.

1. EA's game engine for this gen is GARBAGE. Rather than try to use a previous engine or throw together a new one, they are trying like heck to polish this turd of an engine. Think about it, these systems (PS3, 360) are stronger than most PCs in homes today and beat our last gen by some 30x. You trying to tell me that the systems that run Killzone 2 and Gears of War cannot handle a simple tackling animation, realistic sidelines or the "stress" of cycling through a 75 man roster? Gimme a break, it takes us an hour just to look at our rosters and make subs with this engine.

Rather than admit defeat, they just spend 10 months trying to optimize the turd engine they have. I'm telling you guys, 2010 will be no better than 08 or 09. The players will still feel like robots, animations will play more of the game than you do and there will be no atmosphere to speak of. Also, throw out any legitimate feature that was present on the PS2 because apparently the PS3 and 360 cannot handle in-game formation specific subs and such.

2. Kind of similar to the first point, to tell us that a football game cannot be made any better is an insult. I actually had genuine conversation with an NCAA coder on the Utopia forums. Over the course of about 5 or so LONG private messages back and forth, he actually tried ot tell me that it was "hard to make a football game because of all the unknowns inherent in it. Also, we only have 10 months to make each game."

I call BS! Ok, football is a game of STRICTLY DEFINED RULES. Only during play are there any sort of unknowns and even then I think we all understand that it is still a videogame and we dont need absolute perfection or realism. We just want something PLAYABLE! How hard is it to actually include a GENUINE Physics engine!?! The game is lame to play because it is LITERALLY all preset animations! Secondly, EA has 10 months to produce each VARIANCE of game within each generation. They begin to work on a new generation systems engine before they finish the last game on the old generation. So, basically, EA spent almost 2 years on this P.O.S. they call a football engine before they ever released NCAA 08! They should only have to tweak and perfect each game (for 10 months each) after the first game comes out in each gen. All we ask is for a a good foundation. Then, with each new year, polish and tweak the heck out of it. Add new stuff that matters, ect.

3. Presentation/play

This is just a crime how bad it has gotten. PS2 had better pregame. PS1 had better pregame. I SWEAR TO MY LORD, GENESIS had better pregame!!!

Atmosphere: What atmosphere? The sounds are dull and quiet. The crowd cheers when the visiting team scores a TD and stand still when the home team does. The sidelines are made up of generic sprites that are either motionless or have all 20 guys moving in EXACT SEQUENCE. Its a joke.

Player models: How come EA cannot get this right? Last gen actually did a good job with this as the games got perfected. Why do this gen's player model look like cyborg stretch armstrongs that run with eggs up their butts? Im serious.
Plus, their movements are worse than last gen! They can only move on the x and y axis, literally gliding into each direction in what can only be described as levitation! LOOK AT IT! As their legs move and you make a cut upfield, the legs keep moving at the same length and pace but the player just magically glides or slides into the new position. Know what I mean? Its not movement that resembles........well.......reality. It cannot be this hard ot fix it because the PS2 did it SO MUCH BETTER! Im telling ya, its the engine.

In-game features, ect:

Jump the snap is basically a cheat. LMAO...Worst "feature" ever.
Somehow the computer's DL can run down my 97 speed WR from behind in the open field!?!
OL "blocking" is a joke (if they call that blocking). Pass rush is worse to the point of it being comical.
Still no logical Pass defense whatsoever.
I could go on forever.....LMAO...

4. Everything out of game/menus

Recruiting:

It is the only decent thing about these current gen NCAA games. Even then, it is horrible unrelaible, unrealistic and buggy. Yet, it is at least on the right track. They just need to add things like:

Diamonds in the rough, less blue chippers, more average guys, base-line stats for kids so they can be a nobody in one system but a great player in the spread or vice versa, MAKE PLAYERS SLOWER on average! Not every kid is a 95-99 speed!!!!!
No more 6-10 WRs or at least only one per class or so.
Stats based on size (a 6-2 240 RB should not have 97 speed or agility)
Ect.......

Game modes:

For real, go ahead and keep mascot games because it would be harder to take out then to just keep by now. However, STOP WASTING TIME ON BS OPTIONS THAT NOBODY PLAYS!

Focus on the actual gameplay! Get rid of Campus legend and all that crap. Heck, maybe take some time to improve the simulatory options of my dynasty. I want coaching changes, contracts, co-ordinators, AD mode, create a school, ect..

Finally, we just need to see that EA does not care. For every guy working on NCAA they have 10 guys on Madden. Clearly, the guys working on NCAA dont even watch college football. EA gears their game to the kind of KIDS that are on that "Madden Nation" TV show. (IE..complete jacka$$es who only wanna cheeze to win)

I just get so mad because it can easily be done yet we all know deep down that we will get robbed again. We all get worked up and excited but after we buy the game we see that it is just a re-hash with lame features that dont work or hinder gameplay.

I guess what I'm saying is, as long as its on PS3 or 360, you will not have a good NCAA game as long as they keep their current engine. The thing buckles under the weight of cycling through your rosters. LMAO...
While great companies make Killzone 2, Uncharted, MGS4, Gears, Fable, ect.

EA tries to make us believe that they cannot put something out better than NCAA 09. Its a lie. Each year they spend about $1 Million on what we all spend about $50 million on. They know its a scam. They wont change because they dont have to. We suckers buy the same piece of trash each year after being promised that "this is the year we FINALLY GET IT" by EA. LMAO...
Its sad.

We just keep chasing that carrot.

Our only hope this gen is if EA takes their last gen engine and just spruces up the visuals, mechanics, ect...They really bombed with football this gen. Even Madden sucks. Same engine, go figure.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #80
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll tell you what I dont want to see. I don't want to get the game and wonder, 'WHAT in the world did EA do with the time they had to develop this thing?!?' I'm afraid we'll get a game that pretty much has the same problems and issues as '09.

Like I said, the way things are going, I'm not buying another system ever again. And that's pretty sad being that my lifelong gaming experience will be forced to end, rather than by my own choice.

What someones needs to tell EA is, "Hey 'genius' wake up!, You're not ADVANCING....in fact, you're regressing back to in some ways before even PS1." None of us paid $400 for these new systems to play a game worse than what we had on our previous systems.

By all rights, if a new system comes out in says 2012, I'm keeping my PS3 for at least another 5-6 years. Why should I buy something new when(hopefully) by that time the PS3 will be miles ahead of it.

I mean really, can someone explain that to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »