Home

Gettin to the QB!!

This is a discussion on Gettin to the QB!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gettin to the QB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas_fan
I figured out why I allow so many damn passing yards. It has nothin to do with gettin beat in coverage cuz I am solid when controlling the DB's. the problem is gettin pressure with my D Line. I run Texas pretty much always and they have a really good line (when I'm not controlling them ha ha) but I cannot get pressure with them if my life depended on it. Any advice on how to get more pressure on the QB using my D Line would be deeeeeeeply appreciated.
Same problem most of us have had since day one. I guess you just got the game recently. If you do a search, we've all BEAT this game up pretty well in reference to it's numerous flaws.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Gettin to the QB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I play on A.A. with my pass rush slider at 100.
Pass rush slider?

What console system are you on?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: ** HUM DEF AWR **

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Am I reading this thread correctly?

Are some of you saying that a *lower* HUM DEF AWR will help my defense?

I will be able to get off blocks better if HUM DEF AWR is lower?

I would REALLY like to see my DL and LB get involved with tackles.

Does HUM DEF AWR have any effect on how well my guys cover passing routes?

This seems counter-intuitive ...

What is the opinion on this?
Lowering your defensive awareness will hurt your defense. The main impact of this slider is on how well your guys cover the opposing receivers. It also affects the run defense as to how well guys come up and fill holes but not nearly as much as the pass defense.

If you want to get off blocks better, either raise the human break block or decrease the opposing cpu blocking sliders.

Pass blocking on default levels is too good in the game which hurts most defenses. However, if you boost the pass rush to fix it, the cpu qb can throw too many picks. You have to find the right medium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Lowering your defensive awareness will hurt your defense. The main impact of this slider is on how well your guys cover the opposing receivers. It also affects the run defense as to how well guys come up and fill holes but not nearly as much as the pass defense.

If you want to get off blocks better, either raise the human break block or decrease the opposing cpu blocking sliders.

Pass blocking on default levels is too good in the game which hurts most defenses. However, if you boost the pass rush to fix it, the cpu qb can throw too many picks. You have to find the right medium.
Have you ever tried Heisman with awareness at 0? Last time we had this debate you hadn't even tried it.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Have you ever tried Heisman with awareness at 0? Last time we had this debate you hadn't even tried it.
Not on Heisman and there is no reason for me to try it. I'm very happy with my sliders right now. Haven't touched them at all in about 15 games roughly.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Not on Heisman and there is no reason for me to try it. I'm very happy with my sliders right now. Haven't touched them at all in about 15 games roughly.

Then why would you comment that it will hurt your defense, when me and thelasthurtknee have clearly seen it help the defense especially in areas of pass rush.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Then why would you comment that it will hurt your defense, when me and thelasthurtknee have clearly seen it help the defense especially in areas of pass rush.
I haven't seen it personally when I adjust defensive awareness and am commenting on what I see. I have tried defensive awareness at 0 on AA. Plus I didn't read thelasthurtknee's comments because my eyes will bleed if I try to. Use paragraphs please! It feels like a huge run-on sentence that I just end up giving up on after one or two lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #16
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

thats all I play on is heisman, so will this help out? I don't want to get a crap load of sacks, just a lot more pressure and if the sacks come they come, know what I mean?

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »