Home

Gettin to the QB!!

This is a discussion on Gettin to the QB!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #25
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ** HUM DEF AWR **

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Lowering your defensive awareness will hurt your defense. The main impact of this slider is on how well your guys cover the opposing receivers. It also affects the run defense as to how well guys come up and fill holes but not nearly as much as the pass defense.

If you want to get off blocks better, either raise the human break block or decrease the opposing cpu blocking sliders.

Pass blocking on default levels is too good in the game which hurts most defenses. However, if you boost the pass rush to fix it, the cpu qb can throw too many picks. You have to find the right medium.
you would think what you are saying is the right thing but its not. actually if you want good d you need to lower your hum d awarness to zero. idk what it is but i have 8 guys in my od and stats to prove that if you want defense in this game you need to lower your hum d awarness to zero. the hum bb is actually worse around 100 better at about 60 to 70. you dont have to believe me but i just 127 tackles with my freshman mlb with d awarness at 0 and break block at 60 and tackle at 50. cpu run block and pass block at 100. at zero it takes the agressiveness out of your d which makes the cpu O play different. its way better. we played with the same sliders last year but with hum d awarness at 40. we had way to many pics, hardly any sacks. all stats are very good now and we got rid of all the hum ints that were killing the cpu. sounds backwards but it made the game play like real football.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 12-04-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #26
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Re: Gettin to the QB!!

i have to disagree with those set in stone rules for your sliders also. unless you are on aa those are pretty off for heisman. i understand your a stick skill guy so your style is very diffrent than what we are trying to do. the goal of fist and myself is to get the most accurate football game. so the oline dline push's need to be even. passing comp needs to be realistic. ints, sacks, tackles need to be inline with real games. the automatic qb sneak has been removed for the hum. you d sec with actually react to whats going on in the game. on aa its just terrible. im a coach and scout so when i see a lb standing in the hole and not attacking i dont think i need to switch to that guy to make a play i think i cutting that moron because my sis can fill a hole better than that. i realize alot of guys want that because they love to think they got stick but i want to see some realistic football.

i just had a 14 game season with miami. went just over 1500 yards in the bowl game with a great back. 5.4 yard avg. on the year. we have hum runblock on 0 and hum rb ability on 45. cpu awarness at 100 of course and it was very realistic season. only had 14 runs over 20 yards and alot of those were against hum players. if you have cpu tackle up we have it a t 55 you cant get around the corner on heisman as easy. cpu rba over 60 on any level makes the cpu rb do to many moves and very unrealistic. you need to make the hum d worse in stead of making the cpu better.

we also only had 3 cpu players with over 70% comp on the year and only one hum. also on 0 run block i had 4 olinemen make all acc team and i never get pancakes when pass blocking. so you dont need to have your run block over 0 on heisman. the fix is there if you want realitic but when you get realistic, those sliders are pretty hard.

with fist's sliders you want the other 10 guys on the field to some idea of what they are doing. i mean isnt that what football is? 11 guys!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

one other thing about these sliders is the wr's in the passing game. i play in the TTIII and they have what are said to be some really good aa sliders. of course i disagree and one huge prob i have with them for example is that when you have one on one on a slot wr post route with no over the top help and he has a step or two on the db and you lay it up there the db becomes super hum and flies in and pics it. even though the db couldnt run with the wr before the pass was thrown. on heisman you can throw that ball and the db keeps the relation with the wr. mismatch's and good wr's can get a big play. they dont happen much but they are there. on aa i feel its way easy to hit the short route and take it long but no way to throw long unless there is a hole in zone or a heavy cpu blitz because the cpu never sacks the qb on aa unless you just hold the ball.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 12-04-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #28
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
Pass rush slider?

What console system are you on?
360, its the break block. I called it that because I forgot what it was really called.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #29
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
you would think what you are saying is the right thing but its not. actually if you want good d you need to lower your hum d awarness to zero. idk what it is but i have 8 guys in my od and stats to prove that if you want defense in this game you need to lower your hum d awarness to zero. the hum bb is actually worse around 100 better at about 60 to 70. you dont have to believe me but i just 127 tackles with my freshman mlb with d awarness at 0 and break block at 60 and tackle at 50. cpu run block and pass block at 100. at zero it takes the agressiveness out of your d which makes the cpu O play different. its way better. we played with the same sliders last year but with hum d awarness at 40. we had way to many pics, hardly any sacks. all stats are very good now and we got rid of all the hum ints that were killing the cpu. sounds backwards but it made the game play like real football.
What level do you and your OD pals play on, heisman or AA? Sorry if you already answered this.

Thanks.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 12-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #30
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
What level do you and your OD pals play on, heisman or AA? Sorry if you already answered this.

Thanks.
Sorry, I just saw you are playing on Heisman. I also saw in the fistofrage sliders thread that you haven't yet responded to fistofrage's question about what changes you've made to his sliders. Could you post your slider settings? How long are your quarters on these settings?

Thanks.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #31
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Sorry, I just saw you are playing on Heisman. I also saw in the fistofrage sliders thread that you haven't yet responded to fistofrage's question about what changes you've made to his sliders. Could you post your slider settings? How long are your quarters on these settings?

Thanks.
i had sent him a private message with the sliders. i play on 7 min quarters. always played 8 but with the cpu d alot tougher you need the extra time.

0ffense
hum cpu
40 45
0 0
15 15
45 60
0 100

defense
hum cpu
0 100
90 60
5 5
55 100
50 50

ST
hum cpu
0 0
0 0
50 50
0 50
65 65

there are some changes from fists sliders but i had to make these so they fit in with all the guys in the OD but they were still tough for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »