Home

I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb.

This is a discussion on I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
So let me get this straight. This game is worse than the others because Online Dynasty is glitched? A feature that none of the other games even had?!?!? That doesn't make any sense.
No, that was an example of why the patch didn't fix the game. Why its up for the worst award is because, you have all those bugs and game play issues that Stoneclod mentioned Plus every other bug, glitch, and game play issue, which i mentioned; and i am paraphrasing myself, "were countless". Then you wrap it all up and you got a worthless game that is in need of an overhaul no patch can sufficiently fix this game. I wanted to keep first post short maybe that's why there was confusion, hope I cleared it up cause it makes perfect sense. Lastly I'll go one further than stone cold and say that year in and year out NCAA is the worst game I own. So along the same line as stoneclod No apology.

Last edited by Jive_Turkey; 12-05-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #18
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive_Turkey
No, that was an example of why the patch didn't fix the game. Why its up for the worst award is because, you have all those bugs and game play issues that Stoneclod mentioned Plus every other bug, glitch, and game play issue, which i mentioned; and i am paraphrasing myself, "were countless". Then you wrap it all up and you got a worthless game that is in need of an overhaul no patch can sufficiently fix this game. I wanted to keep first post short maybe that's why there was confusion, hope I cleared it up cause it makes perfect sense. Lastly I'll go one further than stone cold and say that year in and year out NCAA is the worst game I own. So along the same line as stoneclod No apology.
Eh, I think this year is fun. I've gotten further in dynasty than I ever have before, and that's on my offline dynasty. With sliders, I can play pretty good defense - the cpu comp % is still a little high, but it's not a huge deal. And most of the glitches I've seen relate to OD. There is an inbalance of recruits, but it isn't a gamekiller to me.

A question though, if it is the worst game you own every year, why do you buy it? Why not rent it first? Why blow $60 on a game you know you're probably not going to like. I bought Gears of War, and I wasn't a big fan of it. Didn't really like the style. So did I go get GoW2? Nope.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #19
Rookie

I did rent it this year I fooled my self thinking EA changed and had finally made a good game on a next gen system. Glitches are all over not just in OD, in fact you hit the upright on a PAT and and opposing team catches the ball you get the ball again you think the chances are so small who care but, it has happened in 3 games i have had, Rocket catch; which is still there, and many others but i just hit a few of the big ones cuz its huge list. Now on to play time, this version has received way less play time then any others; not that the others saw a bunch of play time but, i got 3 bros and were all football nuts although, we cant look past the flaws like you can and enjoy the game. And lastly i guess i don't own it me and my bros chip in and buy together but in context of our convo it is owned by me and next year i wont chip and neither will my bros I firmly say this, but hey i hate gears to so your taste in games isn't bad you must have a lot of patience, which i do not.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

I am more and more convinced that the problem with EA football games are the plays. They are just not done well. All this difficulty and other stuff doesn't matter when you can throw to any receiver on any WB drop.

Anyway I have no idea who EA wants to appease but I know it is not me. The lack of a play editor, the lack of customizable coaching strategy and the complete lack of personnel control makes this game hard to enjoy.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I am more and more convinced that the problem with EA football games are the plays. They are just not done well. All this difficulty and other stuff doesn't matter when you can throw to any receiver on any WB drop.

Anyway I have no idea who EA wants to appease but I know it is not me. The lack of a play editor, the lack of customizable coaching strategy and the complete lack of personnel control makes this game hard to enjoy.
Very hard to enjoy indeed, i hope people never stop complaining maybe EA will listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Defense is too easy against the cpu...Just play man to man and the QB will throw a million picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »