Home

The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long)

This is a discussion on The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
To be fair, part of the reason for Ga Tech's success (and Navy's recent relative resurgence) is that not many teams run this offense anymore. But, with Ga Tech's success, more teams will begin to use these types of offenses, and defenses will smart up. A perfectively executed option is incredibly difficult to stop, but it is incredibly difficult to perfectly execute the option.
It also helps that, compared to his Navy teams, Johnson's Georgia Tech team has some ridiculously talented athletes.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Wow, what a thread. Brilliant. Implementing the option in a proper fashion would make the offense so much fun to run in the game. It will also allow you to run the spread (I also gave up on the spread because it is impossible to run out of it).

We just need to keep bumping this thread up and hope someone from EA notices.

Sideshow Bob
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Wow, what a thread. Brilliant. Implementing the option in a proper fashion would make the offense so much fun to run in the game. It will also allow you to run the spread (I also gave up on the spread because it is impossible to run out of it).

We just need to keep bumping this thread up and hope someone from EA notices.
you think its hard to run out of spread? i have run block at 0 rb ability at 40 and cpu d awarness at 100 on heisman and run great out of it. and its not that im good. all you have to do is seal block away from the direction you are going. choice, option, draws and sweeps are amazing. us auburns or ul of lafayette's playbooks, use sets with a te or two te out of shot. 4 wr go to the weak side of d. always block away from where you are going. its money on this game to run out of spread. u arent the first guy i have seen say that but i find it one of the better ways to run the ball but i still like the usc west coast book for running more. smashmouth!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #20
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I try to not even run the option b/c 95% of the time I score a TD. A few of you have said that the blocking needs to be fixed, and that is true, but if the horrible defensive play is not fixed nothing will ever look right.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #21
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
you think its hard to run out of spread? i have run block at 0 rb ability at 40 and cpu d awarness at 100 on heisman and run great out of it. and its not that im good. all you have to do is seal block away from the direction you are going. choice, option, draws and sweeps are amazing. us auburns or ul of lafayette's playbooks, use sets with a te or two te out of shot. 4 wr go to the weak side of d. always block away from where you are going. its money on this game to run out of spread. u arent the first guy i have seen say that but i find it one of the better ways to run the ball but i still like the usc west coast book for running more. smashmouth!
I will try some of your suggestions, thanks. I know when it comes to stick skill, I am not that great. I am somewhere in between AA and Heisman. On AA, it is too easy and on Heisman, it is too difficult for me.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steebu
This is in response to a previous post and thread. This topic makes me so angry I want to punch a baby. And start a new thread.
Great post. I like the option and it would be cool if it was realistic.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #23
Rookie

this is a great post. i am a game apologist and was going to play devils advocate for the game, but i really dont think this post needs that because i agree with about 95% of what you are saying and i would rather not undermine this post. EXCELLENT POINT WELL DONE!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #24
Rookie

Needs fixing for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »