Home

Get your name in the game!

This is a discussion on Get your name in the game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Get your name in the game!

There are so many bitter people about this game that come on this board just to complain about anything and everything.

OMT comes in here and gives a link for a chance to be part of the game possibly, and it's up to you if you want to participate. Yet dudes come in here and basically call it window dressing and think that EA will not address any of the '09 issues. Maybe they will and maybe they won't but some of you act like 3 year olds with out your bottle.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #50
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'm assuming you don't have any kids...
I'm glad I don't have a kid..16 is too young
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 31

I don't even use "real" rosters (I sim a few years ahead to get generic players). But the fact that they won't have names in the game like Wells, Washington, Hill, etc... unless we submit them?

This is crazy if that is how it is going to work. I hope they can include common surnames and some interesting first names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

OMT, can you clarify this? Does this mean unique names like Tebow won't be announced in next year's game? Furthermore, this opens up a much bigger question. Does that mean the player ratings and depth charts will be completely fictional in the default rosters? If you aren't allowed to announce Tebow, how will EA be able to code a #15 QB for Florida who is a punishing runner, great passer and one of the best players in the game? Wouldn't that be infringement as well?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #53
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I felt NCAA '09 didn't do a good job of actually using players' names in the commentary anyways. They never used it in pre-game and often times during the play they would just comment "the running back...". Maybe they were getting ready for this change already. It still saps the presentation.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I guess you could call it name dispersement??? I guess its using the most common names more frequently than less common names in the databases. You may already do it but it isn't that noticable. That's what I meant. Examples being more Smith, Jones, Johnson names generated than Kuehn and less common names. Just a suggestion I'd seen floated around here before.
ha, i completely agree. i remember the days of basketball players coming out named anfernee mutombo or something wild like that. there should be something that determines how often a last name gets used, and uncommon names should be given to players less often.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 39

Hopefully my very common name will be in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #56
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

I am pretty sure that EA will be adding to the existing list. Thus, if your name was there before, it should be there for 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »