Home

EA, please give us ONE roster update for 2010

This is a discussion on EA, please give us ONE roster update for 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA, please give us ONE roster update for 2010

Ok let me repharse it, If they could, they would have done it already.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I don't really see the incentive for EA to do so. Keep someone on staff to tweak the rosters of "fake players" none of the college games do that. On top of that you would have to have everyone renamed when the update comes out and you still have the "not real" players argument. Plus, with online dynasties having the ability to use custom rosters its not even a pressing point like in the past.

I just don't see the argument being strong enough that EA would consider it- IE sales.
This is the most sensible argument against it. Profit incentive. Which unfortunately is always going to be EA's number one concern.

However, you could make an argument that a single roster update would actually be worth it for EA. It wouldn't take much effort... just a matter of fixing mistakes, doing positions changes and ratings changes for players that turned out considerably better or worse than expected. It would keep a lot more people interested in the game from January to June, which would be a good thing for EA.

As for named rosters reverting back, they could probably implement some simple way to merge your roster with the update so your names would stay, but the ratings and/or positions would change. If not, some roster guru would surely rename them all within a couple days anyway.

I understand the chances are slim, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there, as someone who only plays online and would have more incentive to do so in the coming months had there been a postseason roster update.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
Ok let me repharse it, If they could, they would have done it already.
That's blatantly untrue, as there are dozens of other great wishlist items that they could have done, but didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
That's blatantly untrue, as there are dozens of other great wishlist items that they could have done, but didn't.
No, its true.
And one does not correlate with other, as one is a developmental decision, made in house, while the other they don't have a choice on, if they did, by now we would have had updates/names in the basketball, and baseball games produced by both 2k and ea.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Not a priority and a waste of someone's paid time at EA.

Instead, you should be asking for the ability to use custom rosters (and sliders) in an Online ranked/unranked match. I doubt they would do that for Ranked matches, but Unranked matches should have that capability.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 31

That would be a huge waste of EA's time.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Then give us the option, in 2010, to play ranked Heisman games and agreed upon use of rosters from the locker.

At the start of the game, it would show the difficulty and the roster locker. You couldn't just use a random one, it would have to download from the locker and then get used.

That way we could all agree to use RomanCeasar, PastaPadre, Fairdale, etc. But could avoid "Bubba's Homemade Tebow and Company are all 99s, WORD!" roster.

To further the whole thing, you could allow for the rosters to be rated 1-10 and show the number of rates. That way we know we're getting the good rosters.

I hate that I play with Bama and they are beyond dreadful. Slow. Can't block. Did I mention slow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 33

Agreed that if it were possible, it would have already been done.

NCAA is a bitch. Same with the No Fun League.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »