Home

OMT could I have a straight forward answer

This is a discussion on OMT could I have a straight forward answer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #49
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OMT could I have a straight forward answer

Players don't lose speed when they switch positions, it don't happen in real life and it shouldn't in 2010 ncaa.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #50
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday3212
Ea puts no player names, updated ratings.
Come on guy, really?

As for the topic at hand, count me in the party who could not care any less if FCS schools are included. These schools have no bearing on FBS (other than occasional promotion) and I would imagine are rarely used by anybody except the occasional alum. Even the alums are likely flocking to an FBS school to keep it interesting. What exactly is the appeal in including these teams?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #51
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I too would like to see 1-AA teams in over Campus Legend. I really miss that feature on next gen.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #52
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead

As for the topic at hand, count me in the party who could not care any less if FCS schools are included. These schools have no bearing on FBS (other than occasional promotion) and I would imagine are rarely used by anybody except the occasional alum. Even the alums are likely flocking to an FBS school to keep it interesting. What exactly is the appeal in including these teams?
The game is NCAA Football 10, not FBS Football 10; if it were the latter you'd have a point. Everything else you said is pure speculation. YOU don't want it, that's fine but you don't represent the whole of the fan base. Obviously its a big deal to a lot of people given the sheer number of threads that continue to spring up about.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #53
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
The game is NCAA Football 10, not FBS Football 10; if it were the latter you'd have a point. Everything else you said is pure speculation. YOU don't want it, that's fine but you don't represent the whole of the fan base. Obviously its a big deal to a lot of people given the sheer number of threads that continue to spring up about.
No, I still have a point, but my point was an opinion, which was being sought from a lot of posters (not mine individually mind you, the community opinion on the issue). Everything you say is also pure speculation. You can refer to the handful of people who scream loudly about this issue as the whole fan base, but you know it isn't either. Again, there was reference to having a poll, I stated my opinion on the issue and asked what the appeal was of including the lower divisions. So what is the appeal other than you're an alum or live in one of these smaller college towns and you just want some good old fashioned 1-AA football with players maxing out a 60 ovr rating?

Do you folks harass ESPN and other sporting networks for not showing enough FCS action? Obviously the general football fan public isn't worked up about these schools so why should EA waste the massive amounts of hours just to add a few teams that few care about?
I think its unfortunate these teams didn't make it in given they used to be there, but I would put this way down on the "to do" list for improvements over the coming years.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #54
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Plus it has already been explained that most of the data on an actual disk comes from art and audio. OMT stated earlier that the mascot mash up takes up little to no room. It may be possible to put all of the other teams on a PS3 because of the blu-ray format but that would leave everyone else out in the cold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »