Home

? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10...

This is a discussion on ? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: ? for OMT (any EA guy) about 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollins8
any chance that EA will ever go to an 85 roster limit? It's been at 70 for a long time and it would be nice to finally get this updated. Do you know what is holding this back?
Memory. We have a Player DB and a Depth Chart DB. To increase each team by 15 players, we'd have to increase each table by 1800 rows. It COULD be done, but we'd have to free up memory from somewhere else. We don't have any extra floating around.

If we didn't have 120 teams it wouldn't be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #26
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Memory. We have a Player DB and a Depth Chart DB. To increase each team by 15 players, we'd have to increase each table by 1800 rows. It COULD be done, but we'd have to free up memory from somewhere else. We don't have any extra floating around.

If you could change the numbers system where 2 guys on the same team can have the same number I'm happy...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

OK, this brings me to possibly my #1 irritation about this game. The PS3 has so much more space available than the 360. So, memory would be a 360 problem long before it is for the PS3. Why why why can't the extra PS3 space be utilized so that we can have this stuff that the 360 doesn't have the memory for? I know you'll say time, but why does there need to be one version that works for both systems when both could be utilizes seperately to make both versions better?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #28
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
OK, this brings me to possibly my #1 irritation about this game. The PS3 has so much more space available than the 360. So, memory would be a 360 problem long before it is for the PS3. Why why why can't the extra PS3 space be utilized so that we can have this stuff that the 360 doesn't have the memory for? I know you'll say time, but why does there need to be one version that works for both systems when both could be utilizes seperately to make both versions better?
You're assuming that PS3 has more memory than 360 though. It has a bigger disk, but that isn't memory.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #29
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
You're assuming that PS3 has more memory than 360 though. It has a bigger disk, but that isn't memory.
Its amazing how often people confuse the terminology between the two, and I'm pretty sure this was the case. It's even funnier when people try to talk like they know the subject but it just gets confusing when they mix up terms.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 38

so wait what does the bigger disk do??
Old 02-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #31
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Not a good omen for those who keep begging for FCS teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 38

^^ Ya that basically sounded like " Theres no FCS teams this year"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »