Home

Make or Break for EA

This is a discussion on Make or Break for EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Make or Break for EA

Im new to the whole forum thing(this is my 1st series) but i can sense the optimism about the upcoming NCAA 10. As somebody who lately have been buying 2 or 3 copies for various reasons(dont ask) a year i have had mixed feelings in the past few years like most.This year series unlike any other seems like its gathering some serious momentum due to the gamer/developer interaction going on this year. Which is great for EA sports and this is the opportunity for them to shed the stigma that they dont care. With peoples good vibes working overtime because there showing us they're listening if they blow this how many people will be put off from EA for good? I have purchased every NCAA game since 99 or 2000 and if the drop the ball on this 1 im not sure if i'll buy NCAA 11. So is the gamer/developer interaction enough to keep you guys 1 more year or is it do or die for EA sports?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Make or Break for EA

I wouldn't like this game either if I payed more then a hundred bucks for it.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't like the game and I was paying $60 for it. I've been renting it for the past 2 years but after last years effort, its not even a rental at this point for '10. I don't want to waste the Gamefly slot.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't purchased Madden in almost five years and I didn't purchase NCAA 09; that being said it'll never be a make or break situation for me unless EA has been funneling money to the Taliban or something along those lines.

If features are included that I want I'll buy it, if not then I won't. I don't think you're going to find too many people reading this topic that will say they're done with EA for good, seeing as how this board is dedicated to an EA game.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadawgs29
I wouldn't like this game either if I payed more then a hundred bucks for it.

Well said...

---------------------------------------------------------

The interaction w/ EA developers is nice, but they can talk until the cows come home and it doesn't mean the game is any more better.

NCAA is a fun game w/ its own flaws/drawbacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

09 was make or break for me. I am not buying this game until I hear the REAL reviews. That is the review of the community that plays this game after release. I will also give it about two weeks. The first week is always "This game is GREAT!". The second week is when everyone finds the short falls to this game. With the recent track record of the NCAA series I don't think this game will be in my short library.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

lol. I wonder how many people will actually not buy this game next year? Hmm... I wonder what will happen as far as what these people say as opposed to what they do...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
lol. I wonder how many people will actually not buy this game next year? Hmm... I wonder what will happen as far as what these people say as opposed to what they do...
Its a yearly joke. People say they've had it and won't buy the next game, then EA starts up the hype machine and everyone melts in their hands and buys the game, and then they come on here and complain and say they will not buy the game the next year, and repeat. However I haven't bought this game since 2006 and will continue to do so until I actually see a true major improvement. The only way to ever get any company to truly listen to you is to speak with your wallet. NCAA 10 is a no buy for me unless its miles better than 09, which is hard to judge with the little info we have, but I have serious doubts from what I have read from the developers on a couple of sites. We will see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »