Home

Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
In The Pros i believe there is a bigger gap in QB talent than there is in college. i think standout QBs that look good are sometimes are a product of a horrible conference or they are surrounded by great talented WRs. look at ken dorsey he was the man in miami,hes been buried in the dept charts of proteams, and there are many more QBS that played well/great in college that just plain ride the pine now.
Systems can make quarterbacks look better in college than what they will translate to in the NFL. But that isn't evidence to an even playing field of talent in college. I would make the argument that the talent gap at every position in college is far greater than the NFL. There just isn't that much difference in the NFL from a good team to a bad team or a good player to a bad player. In college you could have a future NFL All-Pro going up against a walk on who will be bagging groceries after his college career is over.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is NCAA getting the gameplay improvement that Madden just announced this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Systems can make quarterbacks look better in college than what they will translate to in the NFL. But that isn't evidence to an even playing field of talent in college. I would make the argument that the talent gap at every position in college is far greater than the NFL. There just isn't that much difference in the NFL from a good team to a bad team or a good player to a bad player. In college you could have a future NFL All-Pro going up against a walk on who will be bagging groceries after his college career is over.
Which is exactly why the biggest disappointment of all of the announcements thus far is that NCAA will not be using the wider ratings ranges that are being used in Madden.

It's disgusting to see how similar every player in this game is. There are only 2-3 "types" of players across the country at every position in NCAA 09.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Ok this is my rubbtle, if u take a sheet of paper and write down all the QBS in the past 20 years that won National championships in college, then from that group take the number of National champion QBs that went on to the NFl that WON a superbowl. I wonder what that number would be? 0?3?

Fact is QBs that are very succesful in college only look good because of the talent surrounding them and Conference.The QBs that really translate better are the ones that played on lesser teams in tough conferences.everygame for them is a scratch and claw and that builds them better for the pros IMO
Last year the big12 had horrible defense vs the pass, so the QBs and WRs in the Big12 look outrageously great.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-12-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Which is exactly why the biggest disappointment of all of the announcements thus far is that NCAA will not be using the wider ratings ranges that are being used in Madden.

It's disgusting to see how similar every player in this game is. There are only 2-3 "types" of players across the country at every position in NCAA 09.
I would argue that theres only 2 type of players fast ones and slow ones!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Ok this is my rubbtle, if u take a sheet of paper and write down all the QBS in the past 20 years that won National championships in college, then from that group take the number of National champion QBs that went on to the NFl that WON a superbowl. I wonder what that number would be? 0?3?

Fact is QBs that are very succesful in college only look good because of the talent surrounding them and Conference.The QBs that really translate better are the ones that played on lesser teams in tough conferences.everygame for them is a scratch and claw and that builds them better for the pros IMO
Last year the big12 had horrible defense vs the pass, so the QBs and WRs in the Big12 look outrageously great.
What were saying is that not every winning college QB is good ,but the level of talent between Sam Bradford and Jarrett Lee(LSU) is greater than that of Peyton Manning and Alex Smith. Every pro player is in the league because they can ball that cant be said for every college player. So you need more ratings to seperate the system guys from the NFL prospect! You understand?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
What were saying is that not every winning college QB is good ,but the level of talent between Sam Bradford and Jarrett Lee(LSU) is greater than that of Peyton Manning and Alex Smith. Every pro player is in the league because they can ball that cant be said for every college player. So you need more ratings to seperate the system guys from the NFL prospect! You understand?
LOL if you took jarrett lee and placed him on OU his numbers would look alot better imo,the big12 Pass defense was non existent last year,plus It was his first year starting in the SEC give the guy some slack.

Take alex smith and place him on the colts he would be the same alex smith that he was on 49ers unproductive, especially since the colts Dont have a running game to help Him out. put peyton on the 49ers and see what happens,veron davis numbers would sky rocket, and issac bruce would be rejuvenated.

You can say all you want about the gap being greater in college if you want, to me it isnt and The QB extra ratings wont be in college this year. i believe every other rating upgrade will be for other positions.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-12-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
LOL if you took jarrett lee and placed him on OU his numbers would look alot better imo,the big12 Pass defense was non existent last year,plus It was his first year starting in the SEC give the guy some slack.

Take alex smith and place him on the colts he would be the same alex smith that he was on 49ers unproductive, especially since the colts Dont have a running game to help Him out. put peyton on the 49ers and see what happens,veron davis numbers would sky rocket, and issac bruce would be rejuvenated.

You can say all you want about the gap being greater in college if you want, to me it isnt and The QB extra ratings wont be in college this year. i believe every other rating upgrade will be for other positions.
First we can never say for certain ,but P. Manning has had the same OC his whole career ,Edge and now Addai, two hall of fame caliber WRs, pro bowl TEs, and o-line thats been together for years. Every offenses starter last year for the colts was drafted by the colts that almost never happens. So as good as P. Manning is he has been in the best constructed offence his whole career.

LSU had plenty of talent but Lee just sucked yeah he was young ,but the point is he sucked. Jordan Jefferson played well with that same team!

Would you feel better if i said Matthew Stafford and Casey Dick?

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
The difference between Alex Smith and Peyton Manning is mental not physical. If you put them on the field in shorts and helmets and let them throw passes to random WRs you probably wouldnt know who was who! P. Manning is better because he studies ,works hard ,and processes info faster than most NFL QB's not because his arm is so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »