Home

Rating you'd most like to see in the future

This is a discussion on Rating you'd most like to see in the future within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Rating you'd most like to see in the future

release time-How fast a qb gets the ball out of his hands

Throw power replaced by...
throw speed-how much zip on bullet passes ect
throw distance-how far qb can throw the ball

strength replaced by upper and lower body strength. honestly I would like to have it more indepth like max strength and endurance. Make it more indepth by adding a human body chart that for each body part(calf,thigh,abs,chest,bicep ect ect) having its own stat for both max str n endurance.

speed/accerlation/aglity changed to...Acceleration, Quickness, Lateral Agility, Top Speed

sideline awareness for tip toe catches

QB footwork for dropping back

those are just a few
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
release time-How fast a qb gets the ball out of his hands

Throw power replaced by...
throw speed-how much zip on bullet passes ect
throw distance-how far qb can throw the ball

strength replaced by upper and lower body strength. honestly I would like to have it more indepth like max strength and endurance. Make it more indepth by adding a human body chart that for each body part(calf,thigh,abs,chest,bicep ect ect) having its own stat for both max str n endurance.

speed/accerlation/aglity changed to...Acceleration, Quickness, Lateral Agility, Top Speed

sideline awareness for tip toe catches

QB footwork for dropping back

those are just a few
I like the ideas for speed changes and strength changes, but Im really with you on the different attributes for QBs. Like QBs like Kodi Burns would have 84 throw speed, 88 throw distance and 82 accuracy. But QBs like Matthew Stafford would be more like 97-99 throw speed, 95 throw distance and 92 accuracy. These are just guesstimates

Old 04-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I thought play recognition leaned more towards the ability to read plays that you have already seen. I see guys with play recognition of 85+ steadily drop back into coverage on runs
Actually it does work but EA for some dumb reason rates the players way too low in Awareness overall.

They'll give a guy 80 Play Recongnition and yet his overall Awareness rating will be lower and it'll just screw up things.

I've seen it work better when a player has 80+ awarenesss, 80+ Recongnition and then set the slider awareness to 100 MAX and it gets them (Players) reacting much better.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Actually it does work but EA for some dumb reason rates the players way too low in Awareness overall.

They'll give a guy 80 Play Recongnition and yet his overall Awareness rating will be lower and it'll just screw up things.

I've seen it work better when a player has 80+ awarenesss, 80+ Recongnition and then set the slider awareness to 100 MAX and it gets them (Players) reacting much better.
I keep it set to 100 for the cpu and their blitzes and pursuit angles got better. They also break on passes better too, but are you recommending putting it at 100 for humans too?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Experience.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I keep it set to 100 for the cpu and their blitzes and pursuit angles got better. They also break on passes better too, but are you recommending putting it at 100 for humans too?
No this is just for the CPU players since they are more incompetent.

As for Pusuit angles that is another rating that is terribly low for many players on the game.

I know it's a pain in the *** to edit ratings but for all those people who feel as though the pursuit angles are terrible that is only because of the terrible ratings aswell.

There is a rating within the game called pursuit that if you set it up higher all the players will pursue much better to the ball and take better angles. It doesn't even effect the players overall ratings in the game it just makes them take the smarter angles.

It really isn't "ROCKET SCIENCE" and a lot of stuff that is done poorly on the field in NCAA 09 is a direct result of many ratings in the game being way too low.

It's a really easy fix but EA won't do it because they've been hindering their games for years with terrible low ratings that greatly effect the game play and make people think the games are flawed and unchallenging. But they realy aren't it's just that the guys who work on the ratings for EA does a terrible job incorporating them into game play.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Composure

After throwing 2 picks and costing your team the game, your definitely not the same person the week before. Your composure rating then drops. Throwing the game winning touchdown against a rival then boosts your rating.

The only problem with this is it will get abused and won't work properly like most ratings we have already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #16
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Playmakers- You make a very good point. I cant even elaborate on it cuz you've said it all.

And kreich. You're right. One week my QB will be an 88ovr and will throw the game winning TD, he may end up being a 92 the following week. It would probably be like the super boost you could give your campus legend guy for the upcoming week

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »