Home

Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Two questions regarding Adaptive A.I.:

1. This isn't going to be anything like Madden IQ is it, because the Madden IQ in 09 sucked. I mean really really really sucked bad.

2. As far the the cpu making adjustments to your play calling, hasn't it done this for years now? If I run a lot of option plays and am succussful doing so, the cpu defense usually adjusts in order to shut down the option.

I am not putting this down because if this is actually something new in the AI dept and will make the game more life like then I am all for it.
Nope. Adaptive AI has never been in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #26
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Anyone who has anything negative to say about this should simply stop visiting this forum and stop following the progress of NCAA 10.

This is the single greatest announcement for NCAA or Madden in years... even more important than Online Dynasty.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #27
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Anyone who has anything negative to say about this should simply stop visiting this forum and stop following the progress of NCAA 10.

This is the single greatest announcement for NCAA or Madden in years... even more important than Online Dynasty.
this....

although I love Online Dynasty.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

It's great that they are trying to do this, but Adaptive AI will only be as great as the implementation of it. Just like every other feature.

From the CPU standpoint, my guess is the feature will do a pretty good job of identifying the offense's tendencies, but given the history of defense being ineffective (i.e. lacking pass rush, contain/spy plays not working, lousy teamwork by pursuing defenders) I am betting against the feature doing a good job of choosing plays that will successfully defeat the tendency. At least, in a lot of cases.

I'm more optimistic about the part where individual players gain bonuses to play recognition, man coverage, etc.

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-10-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
It's great that they are trying to do this, but Adaptive AI will only be as great as the implementation of it. Just like every other feature.

From the CPU standpoint, my guess is the feature will do a pretty good job of identifying the offense's tendencies, but given the history of defense being ineffective (i.e. lacking pass rush, contain/spy plays not working, lousy teamwork by pursuing defenders) I am betting against the feature doing a good job of choosing plays that will defeat the tendency in a lot of cases.

I'm more optimistic about the part where individual players gain bonuses to play recognition, man coverage, etc.
That's comparing apples to oranges. Individual player AI and team scheme concepts are separate beasts to tame.

Right now, adaptive AI and the way they are approaching it is 100% positive for the future of this game. There is zero negative that comes from this feature. Let's just save the skepticism for another day and enjoy the evolution from Pop Warner AI to advanced AI.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #30
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Oh Happy Day! I am now excited. My question would be, lets say someone ran that flat pass to the FB 9 Times. The then started running the triple option to the weak side another 9 times. If they go back to the pass to the FB in the flat will the computer still recognize they have ran this play a lot?

So I guess what I asking is do these have to be consecutive plays? Plays through out the game? Do these plays take away for a lack of better term "aggro" from the computer on plays that have been ran many times before?

Also I agree on what someone else said about carrying over games. Maybe like a VIP tendancies type thing where the CPU scouts your tendancies and knows to look for those plays from game to game.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #31
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

That is incredible!

Hopefully this means the computer can actually put up more of a fight, without Robo QB, running backs that are superhuman all of a sudden, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #32
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Best. Update. EVER!

Amazing, props to both the NCAA and Madden teams for getting this in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »