Home

Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #41
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

In my opinion...

This is the biggest addition to NCAA football since the ability to actually insert names and edit the players' attributes.

Huge, huge, HUGE advancement.

Now...let's see if it actually works properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #42
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Standing Ovation.

This is the first thing that EA has released in these series that makes me want to buy the game.
I've been waiting for this one to be annouced. I love Adaptive AI!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #43
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Anyone who has anything negative to say about this should simply stop visiting this forum and stop following the progress of NCAA 10.

This is the single greatest announcement for NCAA or Madden in years... even more important than Online Dynasty.
I have to agree. This is what makes this game a buy or pass this year for me. I am excited now for this game.

Sideshow Bob
Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #44
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand the pessimists' view, but if adaptive AI works like Cummings described, it'll be pretty hard for this to NOT work. All those tweaks ARE really simple, but they should go a long way in making games more competive and keeping offensive gameplans fresh.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Lol, how is this new? AI that adapts to you was a big thing that was pimped for 09. They even went as far as to encourage people not to select a difficulty as the game will adjust to their style of play. And boosting the attributes of the cpu defense when you run the same play over and over has been done for years in madden, since the xbox i believe.
Madden IQ was about the game adjusting the difficulty level on the fly. This new adaptive AI is about adapting tactics during the game and players recognizing plays better. There is no change in difficulty level involved.

This is similar to the adaptive AI in the NHL series which, even though not perfect, does a pretty good job of adapting to what you`re doing and forcing you to mix up your strategies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #46
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I am pretty excited bout this feature. Looking forward to it.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #47
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I am glad most of you are going nuts for this, but being around as long as some of us have been I am sure others can remember hearing this very thing in years past. This is nothing new, and supposedly addaptive A.I. was introduced into these games years ago, preventing you from calling the same plays over and over and having them work. Sure maybe it is touched up and that is great, but let's not throw parades just yet.

Edit: In fact I wasn't sure I wanted to do this, but here it goes.

It didn't take me too long to find this article, oh from Sept. 2005!
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/Editorials/2
This is about Madden 2006 and it's "adaptive A.I."

This sound familiar in terms of what we heard today?

"Frazier also works on plugging holes in past Maddens—like the widespread success of money plays. “In previous versions,” he says, “you hear people talking ‘money play this, money play that.’ It’s been a problem in the Madden series since, well, since the dawn of Madden. Adaptive AI is that the defense is now watching the individual routes of the receiver, so if you find that a particular route is quote unquote “money,’ the defense will actually adjust to that route. Like if you find out that corner routes are particularly useful, and you run them over and over again, the defense will shade over.'"

Remember that is nearly 4 years old, so take everything you hear with some grain of salt folks. I am not trying to be a "*****", but I have drank the Kool-Aid for too long, and the proof will be in the pudding. I am out of cliche phrases that have to do with food and drink, but you get the point.

I want these games to be as good as possible, but they have a long way to go to be amazing again. I trust in the people working on them, I do, however I have before and have been burned.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 19

Good post Bigwig, this is exactly what I wa referring to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »