Home

Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #49
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 10 & NCAA 10 Blog: Adaptive A.I.

Making the AI "more last-gen" is a step in the right direction, as bad as that may sound.

I remember having tons of really competitive games against the computer in 06, where as I currently have to handicap myself in order to not destroy the computer with my natural style of play.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:04 AM   #50
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I hope this means the end of Slow as heck CPU Qbs, running the read option

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #51
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I am glad most of you are going nuts for this, but being around as long as some of us have been I am sure others can remember hearing this very thing in years past. This is nothing new, and supposedly addaptive A.I. was introduced into these games years ago, preventing you from calling the same plays over and over and having them work. Sure maybe it is touched up and that is great, but let's not throw parades just yet.

Edit: In fact I wasn't sure I wanted to do this, but here it goes.

It didn't take me too long to find this article, oh from Sept. 2005!
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/Editorials/2
This is about Madden 2006 and it's "adaptive A.I."

This sound familiar in terms of what we heard today?

"Frazier also works on plugging holes in past Maddens—like the widespread success of money plays. “In previous versions,” he says, “you hear people talking ‘money play this, money play that.’ It’s been a problem in the Madden series since, well, since the dawn of Madden. Adaptive AI is that the defense is now watching the individual routes of the receiver, so if you find that a particular route is quote unquote “money,’ the defense will actually adjust to that route. Like if you find out that corner routes are particularly useful, and you run them over and over again, the defense will shade over.'"

Remember that is nearly 4 years old, so take everything you hear with some grain of salt folks. I am not trying to be a "*****", but I have drank the Kool-Aid for too long, and the proof will be in the pudding. I am out of cliche phrases that have to do with food and drink, but you get the point.

I want these games to be as good as possible, but they have a long way to go to be amazing again. I trust in the people working on them, I do, however I have before and have been burned.
If this means it will be more like the ps2 versions then I think most people will be pretty happy about it. I, and many others have been saying they need to make the 360/ps3 versions play like the ps2/xbox version. I guess they listened even if they are claiming it is "all new and improved!".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm happy to hear this is in the game because it was much needed. I just hope its not Tecmo Bowl like. hahaha. Because when I think about having success on running up the middle, thats a matter of OL power IN SOME CASES, not knowledge of what play you know is coming. If you packing 350 lbs beef on your OL, a DL with a 265 lbs avg shouldn't stop you in the 4th qtr when you running out the clock. So I'm hoping fatigue plays a factor in this. If not now hopefully in the future but this is a great add to the game.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

This feature NEEDS to be incorporated into the "Ask Corso" mode.

For instance, my girlfriend can execute plays pretty well, but doesn't like having to understand the fundamentals that deeply to keep up. Letting the computer pick smart plays for her to run would make the game infinitely more enjoyable for people like her, and potentially keep things more fair. Of course, this could always be an option to turn off to keep online play competitive.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #54
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley
This feature NEEDS to be incorporated into the "Ask Corso" mode.

For instance, my girlfriend can execute plays pretty well, but doesn't like having to understand the fundamentals that deeply to keep up. Letting the computer pick smart plays for her to run would make the game infinitely more enjoyable for people like her, and potentially keep things more fair. Of course, this could always be an option to turn off to keep online play competitive.
Your g/f plays NCAA with you? +1 Dawg
Old 04-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #55
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Your g/f plays NCAA with you? +1 Dawg
I cant wait till I find 1 of those im going to marry her lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #56
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Best thing released from NCAA thus far. Good stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »